These yummy festive St. Patrick’s Day Jello Cups are quick and simple to make! Because of the refrigeration time needed with Jell-O, you can start this recipe the night before, or begin first thing in the morning so they’ll be ready to enjoy mid-day.
- 1 6-ounce box of lime Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 16-ounce container of Cool Whip
- Green sprinkles and/or edible gold stars
- Defrost the container of Cool Whip in the refrigerator according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan with spout, boil 2 cups of water. Add the powdered gelatin to a heat-resistant glass batter bowl with a pour spout. Pour the hot water over the lime gelatin. Whisk for two minutes until the powder is completely dissolved. Add 2 cups of cold water to the mixture. Whisk again.
- Divide the gelatin evenly between nine 7.5-ounce dessert cups that can fit inside a cupcake tin. Tilt the cups sideways as you place them into the cupcake pan. Refrigerate the St. Patrick’s Day Jello Cups until firm (about 4 hours).
- Spoon the Cool Whip into a zip-top bag. Gently press the air out of the bag and zip it shut. Snip off a bottom corner of the bag. Squeeze the bag to pipe the the Cool Whip into the dessert cups. Continue to refill the zip-top bag with more Cool Whip, as needed.
- Sprinkle green jimmies over half of the Jello cups. Sprinkle edible gold stars over the rest.
- Refrigerate your Jello cups until serving time. Enjoy!
- Category: Snack, Dessert, Party
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: St. Patrick's Day dessert, jello cups