This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
Make this simple strawberry glaze recipe with 3 ingredients plus water. Thick, rich and delicious, it’s a glaze for strawberry pie and the best-tasting strawberry sauce for cheesecake. Prep it in just 3 minutes.
🍓 why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s quick and easy to make on the stovetop.
- All you need are common pantry staples for this delicious strawberry glaze recipe. We do not use high-fructose corn syrup.
- It rivals the taste and texture of famous store-bought glazes like Marie’s glaze for strawberries and Marzetti.
- It’s ideal for making a fresh strawberry pie, topping a cheesecake, or for pouring over raspberries or peaches in a homemade pie crust. Top the desserts with dollops of vanilla whipped cream.
🧑🏼🍳 RECIPE TIP: We used this strawberry glaze recipe to make the delicious (no-bake) fresh strawberry pie you see in the image below. After chilling the pie so the glaze can set – the pie can be cleanly sliced with no gooey mess.
- Granulated Sugar: Adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Cornstarch: Is a thickening agent for the strawberry sauce. It dissolves easily in water, and doesn’t add any flavor or texture to the recipe.
- Water: Thins out the mixture so it’s not too dense.
- Strawberry Jello: Adds delicious flavor and helps the strawberry glaze gel and set up perfectly. It also provides a stunning red color.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY GLAZE
- STEP 1: In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and water. Turn on the heat to medium-high. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cook and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- STEP 2: Remove the pan from heat. Add in the strawberry gelatin. Whisk until completely dissolved.
- STEP 3: Chill the glaze in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes, or until just slightly cooled. Don’t let it chill too long or it will start to set. We’re just refrigerating it briefly to let it shed heat.
- STEP 4: Use the strawberry glaze immediately while it’s still spoonable and pourable. Or transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate.
👩🏻🍳 RECIPE FAQ
These are the most commonly-asked questions when making the BEST strawberry glaze, and the most helpful answers for recipe success.
Yes. Strawberry glaze can be made up to 5 days in advance. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate. Once chilled it will set. Before using, let it come to room temperature and stir until it’s spoonable. Or reheat in the microwave in 15 second intervals until it’s pourable again.
Use sugar-free strawberry jello, and Splenda instead of granulated sugar: 1 1/2 cups water, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 3-ounce packet sugar-free strawberry jello, and 1/3 cup Splenda. In a small saucepan, combine water and cornstarch over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in jello and Splenda. Let glaze cool slightly.
For making a fresh strawberry pie, strawberry shortcakes, topping a cheesecake, as a fruit dip, frozen strawberry pie, cheesecake parfaits, tarts, Danishes, and sundaes. Use it as a layer beneath a streusel topping on a coffee cake, and for glazed strawberry hand pies.
😋 MOre DESSERT sauces & toppings
Want more delicious ways to garnish your desserts? Try these tasty dessert sauces and toppings. Save your favorites for later.
RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Flavor testers rated this the BEST strawberry glaze recipe. They loved the delicious taste that’s not overly sweet, the thick gel texture when set, and the gorgeous red color. They also appreciated that this easy recipe comes together in just 3 minutes. A real time-saver.
If you agree this recipe’s a keeper, give our homemade strawberry sauce a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero. Share it with friends on Facebook. 📌 Pin it to Pinterest.Print
Make this tasty strawberry glaze in just 3 minutes. Use it for a fresh strawberry pie, or as a topping for cheesecakes and other desserts.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 3–ounce package strawberry jello
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and water. Turn on the heat to medium-high. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cook and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add in the strawberry gelatin. Whisk until completely dissolved.
- Chill the glaze in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes, or until just slightly cooled. Don’t let it chill too long or it will start to set. We’re just refrigerating it briefly to let it shed heat.
- Use the glaze immediately while it’s still spoonable and pourable. Or transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate.
Make-ahead instructions: Make strawberry glaze up to 5 days in advance and refrigerate until needed. Once chilled it will set. So before using, let it come to room temperature and stir well until it’s spoonable. Or reheat the sauce in the microwave in 15 second intervals until it’s pourable again.
- Prep Time: 1 Minute
- Chill Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry Glaze, Strawberry Glaze Recipe, Strawberry Sauce, Strawberry Sauce Recipe, How to Make Strawberry Glaze
STRAWBERRY GLAZE RECIPE 👉🏻 JOIN THE CONVO
Are you excited to make this easy strawberry sauce? How do you plan to use it? Share your thoughts in the comments below.