Make this tasty strawberry glaze in just 3 minutes. Use it for a fresh strawberry pie, or as a topping for cheesecakes and other desserts.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry jello
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and water. Turn on the heat to medium-high. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cook and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add in the strawberry gelatin. Whisk until completely dissolved.
- Chill the glaze in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes, or until just slightly cooled. Don’t let it chill too long or it will start to set. We’re just refrigerating it briefly to let it shed heat.
- Use the glaze immediately while it’s still spoonable and pourable. Or transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate.
Make-ahead instructions: Make strawberry glaze up to 5 days in advance and refrigerate until needed. Once chilled it will set. So before using, let it come to room temperature and stir well until it’s spoonable. Or reheat the sauce in the microwave in 15 second intervals until it’s pourable again.
- Prep Time: 1 Minute
- Chill Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Minutes
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry Glaze, Strawberry Glaze Recipe, Strawberry Sauce, Strawberry Sauce Recipe, How to Make Strawberry Glaze