Amazon Prime Day = Black Friday in July
Amazon Prime Day was first held in July 2015 to celebrate Amazon’s 20th birthday. The event was an overwhelming success with consumers ordering 34.4 million items. So lucky for us, it’s now become an annual event! If you’re not familiar with Amazon Prime it’s a paid membership service offered by Amazon. The cost is $99 per year. Although the program offers a variety of benefits, one of the most significant is that Amazon Prime members receive free one- or two-day shipping on thousands of items which are part of the Amazon Prime program. If you haven’t heard about Amazon Prime Day, at the end of this post I’ll get you up to speed on all the juicy details!
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links for items I think you’ll love! If you make a purchase I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. It keeps this site up and allows me to provide beautiful content.
Amazon Prime Day | Clothing, Shoes and Accessories are 30% Off
To give you an idea of what to expect, I hand selected a few gorgeous designer items that are part of the Amazon Prime Day special event. Get ready to shop, shop, shop before all the best bargains are snapped up!
Take note that luxury beauty items are also 35% off during this special event. Don’t miss the boat! Sign up for a FREE 30-day trial for Amazon Prime.
All the Juicy Details | Amazon Prime Day
- Event Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2016
- Event Kick-off Time in the USA: 12 midnight Pacific Standard Time, 3 a.m. Eastern Time
- Event launches in 9 additional countries at midnight local time
- Amazon is offering more than 100,000 money-saving deals across all categories
- New deals are released every five minutes!
- Deals only apply to selected merchandise that is part of the Amazon Prime program
- Amazon Prime Day deals will have a turquoise blue stripe that says “Prime Day Deal”
- Go to the Amazon website & click “Prime Day Deals” on the navigation bar
- Narrow down deals by selecting a specific department from the left-hand sidebar
- Follow deals by downloading the Amazon shopping app
- Through the Amazon app you can view “Lightening Deals” in advance
- On the app select categories & deals you like and get a “push alert” before they go live
- The final discounted price on special deals will show up when you check-out to pay
- This event is for Amazon Prime members only
- Amazon is offering a FREE 30-day trial for new members of Amazon Prime:
- SPOTLIGHT DEALS: These will be the best deals of the day and stock can run out quickly!
- LIGHTNING DEALS: Once launched these deals will last only a few short hours.
- PRIME SAVINGS: These deals will be available all day long.
If you loved an Amazon Prime Day deal and it disappeared before you could catch it, cheer up! Go onto competitors’ sites like Macy’s, Overstock, Wal-Mart and Best Buy. These retailers are launching competing deals to take advantage of the shopping frenzy. What deals are you looking for today? I have my eye out for Amazon Prime Day deals in the kitchen, home, and patio/lawn/garden categories.