This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
This creamy tahini salad dressing is fresh, rich, bright, and nutty. If you’re a fan of Annie’s Naturals Goddess Dressing, you’ll love the beautiful flavors captured by this delicious recipe. Make it from scratch in just 5 minutes!
Crisp and fresh, salads are a lunch and dinner staple. To keep things exciting it’s important to mix things up. You can easily do this with seasonal ingredients and a variety of dressings like this tahini salad dressing.
If you’re not familiar with tahini, it’s a product that originated in the Middle East. It’s made by grinding sesame seeds into a rich, velvety paste. The taste is nutty, bright, and savory.
Because it can be shelved in different locations at the market, you might need to ask your grocer for some assistance finding it. At the stores I shop at, it can be found near the organic maple syrup, next to the peanut butter or in the international aisle. Finding it is definitely worth the effort.
- Olive Oil: Contributes moisture, body and texture. It highlights the rich flavor of the tahini.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Slightly sweet with an acidic tangy flavor.
- Creamy Tahini: Is the predominant flavor of this tahini salad dressing.
- Tamari Soy Sauce: Adds a salty umami taste.
- Pure Maple Syrup: Adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Fresh Garlic: Is a perfect pairing with tahini.
- Dry Basil: Contributes a minty anise-like flavor.
- Dry Oregano: Contributes an earthy, musty taste and minty aroma.
- Fine Sea Salt: Brightens the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Ground Black Pepper: Adds a rustic taste and aroma.
👉🏻 RECIPE CREDIT: As with the best family recipes, this one was a closely-guarded family secret. But my sister-in-law Jennie, with her generous spirit, gave me permission to share her tahini salad dressing recipe.
A salad is just a salad until it’s brought to life with the perfect dressing. When drizzled over fresh greens and veggies, this tahini salad dressing heightens the fresh crisp flavor of the salad. It bring things to a whole new level of deliciousness. It’s the star of the show.
When I’m hosting a family gathering, my husband’s brother and his wife Jennie always ask what they can bring. My answer is alway the same: a loaf of artisan bread, a large salad, and Jennie’s famous tahini salad dressing.
📖 RECIPE STEPS
This tahini salad dressing recipe is quick and easy to make.
- STEP 1: Add all ingredients to a mason jar with lid, or a small bowl.
- STEP 2: Shake or whisk well until well combined. As it comes together it will thicken and may seize up. But no worries. Just continue shaking or whisking until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- STEP 3: Transfer the dressing to a cruet that’s perfect for serving. Store it in the fridge until ready to serve. It’s best enjoyed within 3 days.
👩🏻🍳 PRO TIP: When hosting a large gathering, wait until guests are ready to form a line to serve buffet style. Then add tahini salad dressing to the entire bowl of salad and toss well. The buffet line will move much faster as guests won’t need to hold up the line by stopping to serve the dressing separately.
🧑🏼🍳 more ways to enjoy tahini salad dressing
- As a dipping sauce. Add it to a vegetable platter with grape tomatoes, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, zucchini strips, bell pepper strips and cucumbers.
- For spooning rich flavor over Greek Lamb Meatballs, a meatball gyro sandwich, pinwheel sandwiches, falafel, or baked tofu.
- For drizzling over a Buddha bowl, grain bowl, or Asian noodle dishes.
- For marinading chicken.
- As a sauce for hot or cold pasta. Or for grilled veggies.
🥗 more YUMMY salad dressing recipes
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Healthy Caesar Salad Dressing
- Asian Salad Dressing
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing
⭐️ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Flavor testers rated this the BEST tahini salad dressing recipe. They enjoyed the creamy/velvety texture, and the rich vibrant flavors. Everyone agreed this fresh homemade version is so much better than store-bought.
If you agree this recipe’s a keeper, give it a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero. Share it with friends. 📌 Pin it to Pinterest.Print
This creamy tahini dressing is filled with bright, tangy, nutty flavors. It’s beyond delicious. This homemade recipe can rival your favorite store-bought brand.
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar with lid or a small bowl.
- Shake or whisk well until well combined. As it comes together it will thicken and may seize up. But no worries. Just continue shaking or whisking until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the dressing to a cruet. Refrigerate until ready to serve. It’s best enjoyed within 3 days.
Where to find smooth tahini at the market: Look for it next to the maple syrup, or the peanut butter, or in the international aisle. If you can’t find it locally, you can order this product on Amazon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: tahini salad dressing, tahini salad dressing recipe
Save this flavorful tahini salad dressing recipe for later.