Quick and easy – perfect for lunch or an appetizer.
INGREDIENTS – CHEESE QUESADILLAS
- Flour tortillas, homemade or store bought
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese
INGREDIENTS – HEALTHY GARNISHES
- Pico de Gallo, homemade or store bought
- Guacamole, homemade or store bought
- Sour cream
- Optional: black olives
- On a Mexican-style comal, griddle or large frying pan, warm both sides of your flour tortilla over medium heat. If your tortilla starts browning too quickly, lower the heat to medium-low.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese over the surface of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half. Allow the cheese quesadilla to continue warming for a short while on that first side. With a heat-resistant spatula, flip the tortilla over to the second side. Keep an eye out for melted cheese. When you see that the cheese is almost completely melted, flip the tortilla over one last time. Once the cheese is nice and melted, as desired, your cheese quesadilla is ready to garnish and serve.
- Garnish your quesadilla with pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream and black olives. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer, Party
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: cheese quesadilla, how to make a quesadilla, cheese quesadilla recipe