Hands down, this is the best tiramisu recipe! This irresistible Italian cheesecake is fun to make and exciting to serve. It’s the perfect make-ahead dessert. Assemble this easy no-bake recipe in 25 minutes!
- 40–45 Ladyfingers
- 2 cups prepared espresso (instant expresso granules + hot water), cooled
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract (recipe swap for 3 tablespoons Kahlua)
- 2 tubs (1 lb. 8.3 oz each) no-bake cheesecake filling (in the refrigerated section by the cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons AMERICAN HERITAGE Finely Grated Chocolate
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (recipe swap for 1 tablespoon Kahlua)
- AMERICAN HERITAGE Finely Grated Chocolate
RECIPE PREP: Put the metal bowl and whip from your stand mixer into the freezer. Let them chill until you’re ready to make the whipped topping.
- Prepare the espresso. Allow it to cool. Stir in vanilla. One by one, quickly dip 20 of the ladyfingers in and out of the coffee. Line the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish with the espresso-soaked ladyfingers.
- With a spatula, spread one tub of no-bake cheesecake filling over the ladyfingers in a smooth even layer. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chocolate over the surface.
- Repeat with a second layer of 20 ladyfingers and the second tub of cheesecake filling.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chocolate over the top. Refrigerate the tiramisu while you make the mascarpone topping.
- Remove mixing bowl and whisk from the freezer. Add mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla to the bowl. Attach bowl and whip to your stand mixer.
- Mix the ingredients on medium speed until firm peaks form and the mixture can hold its shape (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 1A tip. Remove tiramisu from the fridge. Holding the piping bag straight up and down, pipe quarter-size circles of topping over the surface of the cheesecake. The peaks should be very close together. Refrigerate uncovered for 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, generously dust the top with chocolate.
EXPERT TIPS + FAQ
- WHAT ARE LADYFINGERS? Also called Savoiardi, they’re Italian biscuits. Super light and airy, they’re made with sponge-cake batter. Find them in Italian markets or large grocery stores. Look for them in the bakery department or cookie aisle.
- NO MASCARPONE CHEESE? NO PROBLEM! If this Italian cream cheese is not available where you live, make an easy substitute at home! Mix these 4 ingredients together until smooth: 16 ounces cream cheese, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- NO LADYFINGERS? PROBLEM! Depending on where you live, you might not find ladyfingers at the market. Here’s what to substitute for ladyfingers: pieces of angel food cake, those little “sponge cake” dessert shells sold in packages for making strawberry shortcake, vanilla wafers, biscotti, or creme-filled sugar wafers.
- NO PIPING BAG? NO PROBLEM! Slip your decorating tip firmly into the corner of a large zip-top bag. With a pen, make a mark on the corner of the bag where the lower 1/3 of the tip is. With scissors, snip off that part of the corner.
- NO DECORATING TIP? NO PROBLEM! The piped on topping is a beautiful touch that in no way impacts the flavor of this Italian cheesecake. If you don’t have a decorating tip, spread the mascarpone topping over the surface of the tiramisu with a spatula. Finish things off by dusting the top of the dessert with chocolate. Refrigerate.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Tiramisu, Cheesecake, No-Bake, Make-Ahead