Scrumptious tortellini party snacks are the star attraction of any appetizer table! Served with jarred marinara sauce, your guests will be delighted to feast on these cute baked tortellini bites. They’re a real crowd pleaser!
- 1 20-ounce refrigerated package three-cheese tortellini, boiled al dente.
- 1 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 + 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- A sprinkling of sea salt
- A few twists of freshly-ground black pepper
- Garnishes: drizzling of melted butter, grated Parmesan, sprinkling of chili flakes, minced Italian parsley
- Dipping sauce: one regular-sized jar of classic marinara sauce (I used a 23.5-ounce jar)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Pull out three shallow bowls, a whisk and a spoon.
- Bowl #1: Add flour only.
- Bowl #2: Add eggs and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Bowl #3: Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, chili flakes, sea salt and ground pepper. Mix well.
- It’s best to work in small batches. Place the tortellini in the bowl of flour. Thickly coat each piece. Move the pieces to the egg/milk mixture. Coat all sides evening, taking care that no white spots of flour are visible. This is very important! Transfer the wet pieces to the bowl of bread crumbs. Generously coat each piece. Place the breaded tortellini on a baking tray, leaving plenty of space between pieces. When baking, this will allow the pieces to crisp up on all sides.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until the tortellini party snacks are beautifully crispy and golden.
- Arrange on a party tray alongside a bowl of marinara sauce for dipping. Drizzle melted butter over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and minced Italian parsley. Enjoy these festive easy appetizers!
EXPERT TIPS FOR EASY TORTELLINI BITES
- BOILING PASTA AL DENTE: Boil the three-cheese tortellini al dente according to package instructions. Do not overcook! If the package of pasta does not list the time for al dente, subtract a full minute from suggested cooking time. Transfer to a colander and drain well.
- COATING THE TORTELLINI: When assembling these appetizers, work in small batches. Start with half the amount of egg/milk mixture, and half the amount of herb/crumb mixture. This will leave working space in your shallow bowls. When needed, quickly prep the rest of the egg and crumb mixtures and continue the dipping process.
- SPACING ON THE BAKING SHEET: Leave room between the pieces on the cookie sheet. This will allow the the baked tortellini to become nice and crisp on all sides!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian, American
Keywords: tortellini bites, baked tortellini, tortellini party snacks