When satisfying an intense chocolate craving there’s nothing better than a yummy batch of homemade brownies. And I think you’ll agree – the more chocolate the better! This satisfying Triple Chocolate Brownie recipe produces rich, thick, luscious brownies. To create such memorable goodness I use Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Ghirardelli Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, and Baker’s Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate Bar. With brownies freshly out of the oven and cooled, I’m munching on one and wiping my fingers as I write this post. Mmmm… Get ready to put on your apron and whip up a batch of your own!
I enjoy baking up yummy goodies for my husband to take to work and share. Because we’ve both been craving chocolate I put on my apron and whipped up two batches of homemade brownie deliciousness. One set of brownies for home and one set for packing up and taking to the office downtown.
What I love most about this Triple Chocolate Brownie recipe is how quick and easy it is to make. If you normally use boxed brownie mix, then you’re in for a special treat. I guarantee you’ll be surprised at the speed and ease of whipping these ingredients together. The end result is fabulous and so worth it!
After you’ve transferred the brownie batter to your square baker, don’t forget to lick the spatula! After whipping up batters and frostings it’s definitely my favorite moment. So let’s get right down to it. Here’s how to make these decadent homemade chocolate brownies.Print
After you’ve transferred the brownie batter to your square baker, don’t forget to lick the spatula! After whipping up batters and frostings it’s definitely my favorite moment.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- One 4-ounce Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Mexican vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hershey’s natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- One 12-ounce package Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Adjust the oven rack to the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees bake.
- Grease a 9X9 square baker, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter and half of the (chopped) chocolate bar in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring with a wooden spoon after each time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add in cocoa powder, flour and salt. Stir until combined.
- Using a large spatula, fold in remaining 2 ounces of chocolate bar plus the chocolate chips. The brownie batter will be very thick and yummy looking.
- Transfer the brownie batter into the square baker spreading it evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until desired doneness. When inserting a cake tester into the middle of the brownies I prefer mine to still be a bit moist with a few crumbs attached.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan, then slice into nine squares.
Note: Brownies can be covered and stored on your countertop for up to 7 days.
For an even sweeter-tasting brownie, you can substitute milk chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Both versions of these brownies are super yummy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: triple chocolate brownies, dark chocolate brownies, brownie recipe
Triple Chocolate Brownie Recipe | Kitchen Tools
These are the kitchen tools I used to make these scrumptious brownies. One kitchen tool I can’t live without is my large, super-useful batter bowl. I absolutely love that it has a helpful handle and spout, and it’s microwave safe. I have one here in my California kitchen, and another at our beach condo in Mexico.
- Batter bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Large spatula
- Cutting board
- Kitchen knife
- Square baker
- Parchment paper
This Brownie Recipe is Dedicated to Brooke and Darin
This Triple Chocolate Brownie recipe is dedicated to my beautiful daughter Brooke and her wonderful fiance Darin. Chocolate is synonymous with love, which makes this recipe so very fitting for the occasion. Brooke and Darin are currently vacationing in Italy. I was making this recipe when I received word from Darin that he was getting ready to pop the question and propose to Brooke! I will forever remember this day and exactly what I was doing when my daughter said “yes!” My heart is overflowing with joy and happiness for both of them.
Credit for today’s baking inspiration: Sally from the blog Sally’s Baking Addiction. Her recipes are not only fantastic but the results are easy to replicate.
Do you have a favorite type of brownie – chewy, dense, cake-like, moist or dry? Do you go for the corners or the middle? Share your thoughts in the comments below. Because if I’ve learned one thing in life, the world can definitely use more table talk about thick, rich chocolatey brownies!
PIN FOR LATER
Be sure to save this Triple Chocolate Brownie recipe!
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
PEPPERMINT PATTY BROWNIES WITH HERSHEY’S KISSES
HALLOWEEN MONSTER MASH BROWNIES
Triple Chocolate Brownies Recipe > Your Thoughts
These triple chocolate brownies are perfect all year round! What do you think of this decadent brownie recipe? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!