Satisfy your chocolate cravings with these irresistible triple chocolate cookies! Your kitchen will smell like a bakery as they’re pulled fresh from the oven. Delightfully chewy, they’re crispy on the outside and bendy in the middle!
COOKIE DOUGH INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Karo® Corn Syrup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate morsels
GARNISHES FOR TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 10 ounces white vanilla-flavored melting wafers (or classic white baking chips)
- 1/2 bar (2 ounces) semi-sweet baking chocolate, slivered with a knife
- Sea salt flakes, as desired
BAKING PREP: Line 2-3 baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With a medium cookie scoop, or two small spoons, shape the cookie dough into pucks. Place them on lined baking trays.
- Chill the dough: slide the trays into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake the cookie dough for 8-9 minutes (or 10 minutes max!).
- Allow cookies to cool on the tray for 5 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate wafers according to package directions. With a spoon, drizzle a large dollop in the middle of each chocolate chip cookie. Sprinkle slivered chocolate over the dollop. Lightly sprinkle the cookies with sea salt flakes.
EXPERT TIPS FOR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- BROWN SUGAR contains more moisture than granulated sugar. Instead of substituting all the white sugar for brown, use a combination of both.
- KARO® CORN SYRUP is the special ingredient our grandmothers used to achieve the texture and goodness of bakery-style cookies. It’s a must-have for chewy cookies!
- EGG YOLKS provide fat to help make cookies bendy and chewy! If a cookie recipe calls for just one egg, add an extra yolk.
- CHILL THE DOUGH: Stick the tray of scooped cookies into the freezer for 15 minutes, or into the fridge for 30 minutes. The fat in the cookies will begin to solidify reducing how much the cookies will spread while baking. This leads to a chewier cookie.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, Triple Chocolate Cookies