This fabulous, festive, tropical fruit salad is healthy, refreshing and easy to make! It’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, backyard BBQs and warm summer days. Lightly drizzled with a flavorful agave-lime dressing, it brings the flavors of the tropics home to your table!
- 1 medium pineapple
- 3 mangos
- 6 kiwi
- 1.25 pounds ripe strawberries
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup organic agave nectar (light)
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Garnish: unsweetened wide-sliced coconut (or shredded coconut)
- Cube the fresh pineapple into bite-sized pieces. Peel and slice the kiwi and mangos. Rinse the strawberries then hull and slice them. Add all of the fruit to a large mixing bowl along with the blueberries.
- Prepare the fruit salad dressing: with a mini whisk, mix the agave nectar with the freshly-squeezed lime juice.
- Just before serving, peel and slice the bananas and add them to the mixing bowl. Drizzle the agave lime dressing over the fruit. The fruit salad dressing is thin, so it will lightly coat the pieces of fruit on its way down to the bottom of the bowl. With clean hands, transfer the fruit to a trifle bowl or salad bowl. This will allow you to gently mix the fruit up a bit while not making the pieces mushy or soggy by using a spoon.
- Garnish your beautiful tropical fruit salad by sprinkling pieces of wide-sliced coconut on top!
- Category: Snack, Lunch, Dinner, Potluck, Picnic, Party
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
Keywords: tropical fruit salad, fruit salad recipe, agave lime dressing