This tropical fruit salad is healthy, refreshing and easy to make. It’s lightly drizzled with a delicious agave-lime dressing. Colorful and inviting, it’s perfect for picnics and potlucks.
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 3 mangos, peeled, cored and sliced
- 6 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1.25 pounds ripe strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup light agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Garnish: unsweetened wide-sliced coconut (or shredded coconut)
RECIPE PREP: Refrigerate all the fruit, except bananas, for at least 2 hours before assembling the salad. When served, we want this dish to be cool and refreshing.
- Assemble the simple dressing: whisk together the agave nectar and freshly-squeezed lime juice. Set it aside.
- Slice the flesh of the pineapple into bite-size pieces. Remove the skin of the kiwi and slice it. Peel the mango. Slice the flesh of the fruit surrounding the core. Wash, hull and slice the strawberries.
- Wait until the very last minute to slice the bananas. Add them into the fruit salad until just before serving time. Bananas not only get soggy and brown very quickly, they also have a very strong distinct taste that can permeate the rest of the fruit.
- Place the pineapple, kiwi, mangos, strawberries and blueberries into a mixing bowl. Drizzle the agave-lime dressing over the fruit. With clean hands or a spoon, gently mix the the fruit together. Garnish the tropical fruit salad with coconut. Serve and enjoy.
For a sweeter tropical fruit salad: Drizzle in more agave nectar. Use sweetened coconut instead of unsweetened coconut.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
Keywords: tropical fruit salad, fruit salad recipe, agave lime dressing