When it comes to tuna salad stuffed avocado, this is one of the tastiest recipes you’ll find! When my husband and I are in Mexico, we love the fabulous stuffed avocados at our friend Colin’s beachfront restaurant “Breakers” in Bucerias.
- 3 5-ounce cans of Albacore tuna, well drained (drained weight of each can is 4 ounces)
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely diced
- 1+1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (plus a little more for brushing on avocado halves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Maggi Seasoning
- 1+1/2 teaspoons Knorr brand “Caldo con Sabor de Pollo” (chicken-flavor bouillon granules)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3–4 Romaine lettuce leaves, chopped or sliced into short thin strips
- 4 Haas avocados cut in half
- Salt and pepper – for sprinkling directly onto avocado halves
- Garnish #1: diced grape tomatoes
- Garnish #2: sprigs of cilantro
- Begin by preparing the tuna salad recipe. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the tuna, softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, lemon juice, Maggi seasoning, chicken-flavor bouillon granules, and black pepper. Mix with the flat beater attachment until all ingredients are incorporated. With a wooden spoon or spatula, gently fold the sliced lettuce into the tuna salad mixture.
- Cut each of the four avocados in half, length-wise. Lightly sprinkle or brush the inside of each avocado half with a bit of lemon juice to prevent browning. Sprinkle each avocado portion with salt and pepper.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop rounded portions into the halved avocados. Garnish with diced tomatoes and a few sprigs of cilantro.
- Serve with Mexican tostada rounds, restaurant-style tortilla chips, thinly sliced baguette pieces, or your favorite crackers. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Snack, Lunch, Dinner, Party
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex, American
Keywords: avocado tuna salad, tuna salad recipe, tuna salad stuffed avocado