Savor the flavors of summer with this cool, refreshing, watermelon arugula salad! Assemble this easy recipe in 15 minutes.
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 5 packed cups fresh baby arugula
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves (or torn mint leaves)
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup creamy balsamic dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 small lemon – zest only
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts (glazed walnuts)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
RECIPE PREP: Quarter the watermelon. Slice off and discard the rind and the bitter white layer of flesh.
- Cut the sweet red flesh of the watermelon into 1-inch cubes.
- Thinly slice the red onion. Strip oregano leaves from their woody stems. Discard the stems. Grate the lemon rind for zest.
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl. Gently combine cubed watermelon, arugula, oregano leaves, red onion, feta and olives.
- When ready to serve, vigorously shake the container of balsamic vinaigrette. Drizzle 1/4 cup dressing over the salad (reserve the remainder). Gently toss to combine. If needed, add more vinaigrette. Garnish the watermelon arugula salad with lemon zest and glazed walnuts. Serve immediately.
HOW TO PREP THIS SALAD IN ADVANCE: Peel and cube the watermelon. Put the cubes in a lidded container and refrigerate. If making DIY dressing and candied walnuts, assemble these recipes. Fresh ingredients should not be combined until serving time. Watermelon pieces shed water. It can make the arugula limp.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Watermelon Arugula Salad, Watermelon Salad, Summer Salad