These buttery vanilla-flavored white chocolate chip cookies are comforting, joyful and delicious! A sprinkling of pistachios increases texture and flavor. Enjoy these bakery-style treats with coffee or milk.
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or a pinch more if desired
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pistachios (shelled)*
*NOTE: If you have a nut allergy, just leave out the nuts. Replace them with an equal amount of white chocolate chips.
RECIPE PREP: Melt butter in the microwave or on stovetop. For even baking, adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper or reusable silicone baking mats.
- In a large (freezer-safe) mixing bowl, add granulated sugar and melted butter. Whisk until well combined. Add egg and vanilla extract. Whisk to incorporate.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl: flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix until combined with no large lumps. Do not overmix. Sprinkle in white chocolate chips and nuts. Gently fold them in with a spatula. Chill the cookie dough in the freezer for 20 minutes, or in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. With a small (1 tablespoon) cookie scoop, form the dough into 18 balls. As you scoop, place the balls on lined baking trays leaving ample space (at least 2 inches) between pieces.
- Bake cookies 15 minutes or until edges are set and they’re just starting to turn golden blonde. We want the centers of the cookies to remain soft with the exteriors lightly crisp.
- Let cookies remain on the baking tray until completely cooled. During this time the cookies will set as they cool.
OPTIONAL: As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, you can gently hand-press additional baking chips into the top of these treats. This is mainly for areas on the cookies that look sparse without white chocolate pieces.
HOW TO STORE COOKIES: Store cookies at room temperature in an air-tight container. They’ll stay fresh up to 3 days. For longer storage, wrap each cookie in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Arrange them inside a zip-top freezer bag. Freeze up to 1 month.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Chill Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: White Chocolate Chip Cookies, White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, Pistachio Cookie Recipe