These baked cinnamon donuts are golden, fluffy and delicious. Drizzled with luscious vanilla glaze, they’re irresistible! Make this easy recipe in 30 minutes. Enjoy for breakfast, snacks or dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
RECIPE PREP: Preheat oven to 350°F. Over the sink, spray 2 donut pans with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: egg, milk, vegetable oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix briefly until no large lumps remain. But don’t over-mix or the pastries will be dense.
- Divide batter between the 12 wells of 2 donut pans. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until they spring back when you touch them. Insert a cake tester into the center of a donut. It should come out clean.
- Gently tap donut pan on a work surface to loosen the pastries. Flip over pan on a clean surface. Transfer to a wire rack for cooling.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. For thicker icing, add more sugar. For thinner icing add more milk.
- Drizzle icing over donuts with the back of a spoon. Or spread the glaze so it covers the entire surface on the top half of the pastry.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE WITHOUT A DONUT PAN: Use a 6-well cupcake pan instead. Grease the pan well with cooking spray. Divide the donut batter between the wells. Adjust cooking time as needed.
HOW TO REMOVE PASTRIES FROM DONUT PAN: The easiest way to remove donuts from a nonstick pan is to tap the pan 3 times on a work surface (countertop or wooden board). This will loosen things up. Flip the pan over and the donuts should slide right out.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baked Cinnamon Donuts, Baked Donuts, Baked Cake Donuts, Cinnamon Sugar Donuts