Today I’m sharing the best pizza dough recipe out there. It’ll produce the best homemade pizzas you’ll ever make.
- 2 packets active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 + 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 7 cups all-purpose flour*
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, place the yeast and sugar together. Add lukewarm water (yeast loves temps of 70-80 degrees). Let the yeast sit there munching for 5-6 minutes until there’s a bubbly foam and the yeast is completely dissolved.
- Add flour, salt and 2 tablespoons olive oil to the bowl. Using the paddle attachment, combine the ingredients on low speed.
- Once combined, remove the paddle attachment and switch to the dough hook. Turn the mixer on low speed. Slowly pour in the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil. Continue mixing/kneading for about 8 minutes. The dough should pull away from the sides of the mixing bowl and become smooth.
- Gather the pizza dough together into a round ball. Place the ball in a lightly-oiled mixing bowl and cover the bowl with a clean kitchen cloth. Allow the pizza dough to rise for one to two hours in a warm place.
- You’ll notice that the dough will rise to about double it’s original size. Using your fist, punch down the the dough and transfer it to a lightly-floured surface. Using your hands, knead the dough. Place it back inside the lightly-oiled mixing bowl and cover the bowl. Let the pizza dough rise a second time (about 15 minutes).
- When the dough has risen, punch it down again. Your pizza dough is now ready to use!
*EXPERT BAKING TIPS:
- All-purpose flour will yield a nice chewy crust. For a crispier crust use bread flour instead; it’s perfect for making thin-crust pizzas.
- Measuring flour correctly makes all the difference for this pizza dough recipe and all other recipes! Here are two techniques professional cooks, bakers and home-chefs use to measure their flour: 1. Measure flour by weight using a scale. One cup of all-purpose flour weighs 4 1/4 ounces or 120 grams. 2. Measure flour by fluffing it up well using a spoon while it’s still inside your flour container or bag. Gently sprinkle the flour into your measuring cup, one small spoonful at a time. Level off the cup with a knife.
- For this pizza dough recipe, if you need a bit more water for the dough add it one tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- This pizza dough recipe makes two round 16″ pizzas, or you can divide up the dough to make several personal-size pizzas.
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Snack, Late Night, Party
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian, American
Keywords: homemade pizza crust, pizza dough recipe, best pizza dough, pizza crust