An authentic bakery recipe for carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. These beautiful cupcakes are tender, moist and absolutely scrumptious. A quick easy recipe for Easter, spring and summer. Get a Pinterest-worthy look with cute cupcake toppers and a lovely cake stand!
CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES – INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING – INGREDIENTS
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES – DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices together. Set the bowl aside.
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, mix the oil and both sugars until fully incorporated, about 1-2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing on low for 10 seconds in between each addition. Add in vanilla and mix until incorporated. Add the flour mixture in two parts. Mix until just combined. Add the grated carrots and mix briefly until just combined.
- Pour the cupcake batter (about 1/2 to 3/4 full) into your lined cupcake pans.
- Bake the carrot cake cupcakes for 22-24 min, pulling them out of the oven when a toothpick inserted into the center of one or more cupcakes comes out clean. Let the cupcakes remain in their pans to cool halfway. Transfer the them to a cooling rack. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting!
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING – DIRECTIONS
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add the softened butter and cream cheese. Beat on high for 2-3 minutes, scraping the bowl once, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add half the powdered sugar to mixer. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to high until frosting is smooth. Add rest of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla and mix on low speed until combined. Increase the speed to high until the frosting is smooth. You’re now ready to frost your carrot cake cupcakes!
HELPFUL TIPS FOR MAKING CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
- Save time grating carrots by using a food processor with the grater attachment. A cheese grater also gets the job done well!
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the cupcake batter into the cupcake tins.
- For bakery-style cupcakes, never fill your cupcake liners more than 3/4 full. This will prevent overflow during baking while also allowing enough space for the cupcakes to rise in the oven ending up almost even with the top of the cupcake wrapper.
- To frost your cupcakes, create a DIY pastry bag by using a quart-sized Ziplock. With scissors, snip off a small portion of a bottom corner. Stick your favorite pastry tip through the opening. Fill with cream cheese frosting and you’re ready to put the finishing touches on your glorious carrot cake cupcakes!
- For these carrot cake cupcakes, an Ateco 847 closed-star pastry tip was used.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Party
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot cake cupcakes, cream cheese frosting, carrot cake recipe