Creamy cilantro lime dressing is enjoyed on both sides of the Mexican border. This recipe produces the most scrumptious cilantro lime dressing you’ve ever tasted. Your taste buds are in for a real treat! Cilantro lime dressing is a perfect substitute for Ranch dressing. Use it for salads, as an appetizer dip, as a sandwich spread, and as a dipping sauce for onion rings, oven-baked French fries and crispy chicken tenders.
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves (approximately 2 bunches)
- 3 medium tomatillos, husked and quartered
- 1 medium Haas Avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 1 tablespoon pepitas (roasted salted pumpkin seeds)
- 1 one-ounce packet Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing/seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Remove the stems from the cilantro. Husk and quarter the tomatillos. Peel and remove the pit from the avocado. Chop a small amount of onion and jalapeno. Measure out the remainder of the ingredients.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the cilantro lime dressing reaches a nice creamy consistency.
- Transfer the cilantro lime dressing into a salad dressing container. If time allows, refrigerate the cilantro lime dressing for 30-60 minutes before serving. This will allow the mixture to further thicken up, and the ingredients will have a chance to meld and blend together for an enhanced flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Potluck, Party
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Mexican, American, Tex-Mex
Keywords: creamy cilantro lime dressing, cilantro lime dressing recipe, cilantro lime salad dressing