This cucumber sandwich recipe is quick and easy to make! Enjoy these festive tea sandwiches for brunch, baby showers, bridal showers, tea parties, graduation parties and more!
CUCUMBER SANDWICH SPREAD
- 8-ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 loaves of thin-sliced bread, crusts removed (20/22 slices per loaf)
- 2 long seedless cucumbers
- Zest of 1 lemon for garnishing
- Sprigs of fresh dill for garnishing
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the cucumber sandwich spread.
- Thinly slice the cucumber, leaving the peel intact!
- Use a small biscuit cutter to cut out two circles from each slice of bread.
- With a butter knife, gently spread the cream cheese mixture across a circle of bread. Place a slice of cucumber on top of the cream cheese spread. Add small sprigs of dill on top of the cucumber. If desired, sprinkle a few pieces of lemon zest on top of the dill.
- Finish assembling the cucumber sandwiches by placing a second circle of bread on top, followed by a single slice of cucumber and a fresh sprig of dill. Secure the sandwich layers with these festive bamboo party forks!
- HOW TO THINLY SLICE CUCUMBERS: Use an adjustable mandoline slicer or your food processor.
- ADDITIONAL SHAPES FOR FINGER SANDWICHES: When hosting a tea party, mix things up by serving finger sandwiches in different shapes! Slice off the bread crusts before adding the spread. After placing the top layer of bread on each sandwich, cut each into 3 rectangles, 4 triangles, or 4 squares.
- PREP CUCUMBER SANDWICHES IN ADVANCE: The cucumber sandwich spread can be made 24 hours in advance. You can slice the cucumbers and cut out the bread rounds in advance as well. Simply store each ingredient separately in air-tight containers or zip-top bags. When you’re ready to serve your finger sandwiches, assemble them with freshly trimmed sprigs of dill and freshly-zested lemon rind!
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Lunch, Brunch
- Method: Mixing Bowl
- Cuisine: English, American
Keywords: cucumber sandwiches, cucumber tea sandwiches, finger sandwiches