Everything bagel hummus is rich, creamy and delicious! Slather it over crostini. Enjoy it as a dip for crisp veggies and bagel chips. Enjoy it as a fresh condiment for NY bagels, sandwiches, wraps and gyros.
EVERYTHING BAGEL HUMMUS
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened (if vegan: use Kite Hill dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or bottled lemon juice for more acidity)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning (if it’s salt-free, add 1 teaspoon sea salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Water, if needed for thinning
FOR GARNISHING AND SERVING
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Cayenne pepper
- Bagel chips, pita chips, crostini or crackers
- Fresh-cut veggies
RECIPE PREP: Remove skins from the chickpeas (see “Notes” for removal methods).
- Add all ingredients, except the water, to the bowl of a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until smooth. If too thick, add in water (or more lemon juice) 2 tablespoons at a time until you’ve reached the desired consistency.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl. If time allows, cover the surface with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes so the flavors can combine and further develop.
- Just before serving, take the back of a spoon and make a rough shallow swirl on the surface of the hummus. Drizzle with olive oil. Add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. Serve with bagel chips and sliced veggies.
KITCHEN SMARTS: If not immediately serving, refrigerate until needed – up to 3 days max. Remove from fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
TWO WAYS TO PEEL CHICKPEAS: 1. Rub drained beans between paper towels to loosen skins, then remove with your fingertips. 2. Drain and dry beans between paper towels. In a bowl, toss the 3 cups chickpeas with 3 teaspoons baking soda. Add coated beans to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir constantly for 3 minutes. Rinse beans in water 3 to 4 times while rubbing vigorously with your fingertips to remove skins.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Removal of Skins: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
Keywords: Everything Bagel Hummus, Everything Hummus, Everything Bagel Veggie Dip