These scrumptious Halloween brownies are super festive and easy to make! Perfect for Halloween parties, dessert tables, potlucks and movie nights, this seasonal dessert is guaranteed to delight your family and friends.
- 1 stick salted butter (8 tablespoons), melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s special dark cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Assorted Halloween candies: M&Ms, candy corn, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar, Reese’s Miniature Cups, chocolate sprinkles, Wilton candy eyeballs
- Generously grease a square 8 X 8-inch baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium batter bowl, mix together the melted butter, granulated sugar and vanilla with a wooden mixing spoon or spatula. Add in the eggs and stir until combined. Add in the cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir until well mixed. Add in the flour and mix until fully incorporated. Your brownie batter should be smooth, but it’s okay to have a few small lumps.
- Bake your Halloween Monster Mash Brownies for 20 minutes.
- Immediately decorate the brownies as soon as you pull them out of the oven! Gently press a variety of Halloween candies into the top of the brownies.
- Cool to room temperature. Enjoy!
Inspiration for this recipe was provided by Kat and Melinda of Home Made Interest. You can see their fun Halloween brownies here: Witch’s Brew Brownies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Snack, Dessert, Party
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Halloween brownies, leftover candy brownie recipe, leftover candy brownies