This healthy Caesar dressing is rich, creamy and packed with flavor. It’s tangy, cheesy and peppery without a strong fishy taste. Drizzle it over romaine lettuce. Garnish with croutons and shaved parmesan.
- 1 clove garlic, minced and smashed into a paste
- 1 anchovy filet (or 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste)
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or Best Foods Mayo)
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 – 2 tablespoons water (or milk or cream) – optional, if needed to thin the dressing
Recipe steps with a food processor.
- Add garlic, anchovy filet, lemon juice and lemon zest to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are finely minced.
- Add yogurt, parmesan, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pulse until mixture is completely smooth. We don’t want any chunks of anchovy or bits of garlic in the dressing.
- For an easy pourable dressing, add 1 tablespoon water then pulse to combine. For a thicker dressing, skip the water. For an even thinner dressing, add 2 tablespoons water.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Store dressing in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. For a classic Caesar salad, serve over crisp romaine lettuce with croutons and shaved parmesan.
Recipe steps without a food processor.
You’ll need a cutting board, knife, mixing bowl and a whisk.
- Mince and mash the garlic clove into a paste.
- Instead of an anchovy filet, use 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Transfer dressing to a jar. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
How long this dressing will last: When stored in an airtight container in the fridge, it can last for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Caesar Dressing, Healthy Caesar Dressing, Creamy Caesar Dressing, Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing