This homemade granola recipe has a flavorful buttery aroma, is super scrumptious, and very easy to make! Enjoy granola with milk, yogurt, ice cream, gelato, and as a crunchy topping for salads. Healthy homemade granola is part of a delicious diet.
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick cooking or steel cut)
- 1-1/3 cups sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3-1/2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking tray or two medium-size jelly roll pans with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients: oats, almonds, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- In a small jar or bowl, combine maple syrup, honey and vanilla. Measure coconut oil and melt it in a microwave-safe ramekin.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Mix and toss until well combined. All oats and almonds should be moistened. With a spatula, spread the granola in an even layer within the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Granola is done when it’s nice and golden. Remove tray from oven and place it on a cooling rack. Cool granola completely.
EXPERT TIPS FOR HOMEMADE GRANOLA
- When using dried fruit, chopped chocolate or morsels, stir them in 5 minutes before the granola is done baking. This will prevent the dried fruit from getting scorched, and the chocolate or morsels from over-melting.
- Store granola in an air-tight container. Homemade granola will stay fresh in your pantry for up to 3 weeks.
- For clumpy granola, beat two egg whites until foamy. After the dry and wet ingredients have been combined, mix in the egg whites. Do not stir clumpy granola while baking. After it’s completely cooled, break granola into clusters.
Keywords: Granola, Breakfast, Homemade Granola, Healthy Homemade Granola, How to Make Granola, Healthy Granola Recipe, Homemade Granola Recipe