Malted milk cookies are extra special! Enjoy chewy chocolate chip cookies with the addition of Whoppers malted milk balls and powdered malted milk. The flavor is irresistible.
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (lightly packed) light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (roughly-chopped) malted milk balls
- 1/2 cup (roughly-chopped) baking chocolate or chocolate chips
Optional Garnishes: Additional pieces of chocolate chunks and malt balls, and flaky salt (like Maldon sea salt flakes)
RECIPE PREP: Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper or reusable silicone baking mats. Set them aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and light brown sugar. Add large egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined. Add flour, malted milk powder, baking powder and sea salt. Stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated, and no large lumps remain.
- Add malted milk balls and chocolate chunks to the bowl. With a wooden spoon, fold the pieces into the cookie dough. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Once the cookie dough has chilled, scoop round (1.5-tablespoon) balls with a metal scoop. Drop the pucks of dough directly onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave at least 2 1/2-inches between the pieces. To help reduce spread in the oven, chill the trays of dough in the freezer for 10 minutes (or in the fridge for 15 minutes).
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or a bit longer of needed – until the edges are golden blonde. As soon as the treats come out of the oven, press additional pieces of chocolate or malt balls into the cookies, if desired. Sprinkle the tops with a pinch of flaky salt (optional). Allow cookies to cool to room temperature on the baking tray. Then transfer them to a metal rack to finish shedding heat.
How to store the cookies: Place cookies in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 4 days. For longer storage, stack cookies between small squares of parchment paper. Arrange the stacks inside an airtight container lined with parchment paper, or a zip-top freezer bag. Freeze up to 1 month.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Chill Time: 55 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Malted Milk Cookies, Malt Cookies, Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies, Whopper Cookies, Malted Milk Ball Cookies