This rustic free-form tart is stunning and delicious! It’s an easy summer dessert that’s quick to assemble. Serve peach galette warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Refrigerated pie crust (or homemade pie crust dough)
- 4 large ripe peaches
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- OPTIONAL: Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), sliced into pats
EGG WASH – FOR BRUSHING
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sparkling sugar (coarse white decorating sugar)
RECIPE PREP: Peel, pit and thinly slice peaches. Slice butter into pats. Line a round (12-inch) nonstick pizza tray, or a baking tray, with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Do a taste test. If desired, add a pinch of salt.
- Add sliced peaches to the bowl and toss them in the mixture until all pieces are well coated. Separate egg yolk from egg white. Keep both!
- Place rolled-out pie crust on lined tray. Brush with egg white. Pile fruit in the center, leaving the sugary juices behind in the bowl. Leave a 2-inch border around the edge. Fold sides of dough in over peaches leaving the center open. Edges will overlap into pleats. Preheat oven to 375°F. Chill galette in the freezer for 15 minutes (or in the fridge for 20 minutes).
- Drizzle honey over the fruit. Evenly dot the filling with pats of butter. Mix yolk and water together. Brush edges of tart with egg wash. Sprinkle sparkling sugar over edges and surface.
BAKE PEACH GALETTE: Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until crust is golden blonde and the filling is bubbly. Remove from oven. Set pan on a wire rack to cool. If fruit is a bit dehydrated, drizzle melted butter over the top to perk it up and make it shine.
HOW TO SERVE PEACH GALETTE: Serve warm or at room temperature. For a real treat, enjoy with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
HOW TO STORE THIS TART: Peach galette is best enjoyed the day it’s baked. However, leftovers can be loosely covered in foil and kept at room temperature up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Chill Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Peach Galette, Peach Galette Recipe, Peach Tart, Rustic Tart, Rustic Peach Tart