Grandma’s fabulous peach slab pie is very easy to make! As it bakes in the oven your kitchen will smell heavenly. This delicious homemade recipe’s a keeper!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 7 cups yellow peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon pure Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 uncooked pie crusts, homemade or store bought
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice and sliced peaches to the mixing bowl. With a spatula, fold in the peaches until they are completely covered in the sugar/spice mixture.
- Line a baking tray with one pie crust. Spread the peaches over the pie crust in an even layer.
- Place the second pie crust on top of the peaches. Crimp or roll the edges of the dough. With a sharp knife, make a few slits on the top pie crust so steam can escape while baking.
- Brush the top of the pie with melted butter. Sprinkle generously with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. The pie crust should be golden brown, and the peach filling fragrant and bubbly. If needed, tent the pie crust with foil during the last 10-12 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- Allow the peach slab pie to cool for about 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach slab pie, peach pie, peach slab pie recipe