These pan-seared steak bites are packed with flavor! On the outside they have a beautiful crispy crust. On the inside their middles are tender and juicy. Pair them with potatoes and salad for dinner. Serve them as steak appetizers for parties!
- 2 pounds beef steak (tri-tip, top sirloin, ribeye or NY steak)
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- Garnishes: crushed red pepper flakes and fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
- Using a fork, pierce both sides of the meat well. This will help the steak marinade to reach the center of the beef. Cut the meat into bite-sized cubes.
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients for the steak marinade: worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Add the beef cubes and steak marinade to a zip-top kitchen bag. Squeeze out the air and seal. Gently massage the bag to fully distribute the liquid. Marinate the steak bites in the fridge for 25 minutes to an hour.
- Use a colander drain off as much of the marinade as possible. Place a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add a short drizzling of olive oil. When the pan is sizzling hot, work in batches. Arrange the beef cubes in a single layer. Sear for about 2 minutes until golden brown and crispy. With tongs or a spatula, flip the steak bites over. Sear for another 1-2 minutes or until they reach desired doneness. For food safety, use a meat thermometer: 145°F for medium (warm red center).
- Transfer the steak bites to a bowl or plate. Add butter and garlic to the pan. Saute for about 25 seconds or until the garlic is fragrant. Remove from pan from heat. Add the cooked beef back to the skillet. Toss to distribute the garlic butter.
- Garnish with chopped Italian parsley and red pepper flakes.
EXPERT TIPS FOR GRILLING STEAK ON THE STOVE
- USE A HEAVY SKILLET: No cast-iron pan? No problem! This round grill pan is perfect for this recipe. It’s nonstick surface makes clean-up easy!
- A SIZZLING HOT PAN: Hot, hot, hot! This is the secret for searing the beef. We want the outside to develop a nice crispy crust while keeping the inside tender and juicy. When using a cast-iron pan, this can often be achieved over medium/high heat depending on your stovetop. When using other pieces of cookware, you may need to start the searing process over high heat.
- QUICKER RECIPE FOR STEAK BITES: No time for marinating the meat? No problem! After cubing the beef sprinkle the entire batch of steak bites with with salt and pepper. Add oil to a hot skillet and start searing the beef! This version of the recipe takes just 20 minutes from start to finish.
- SAVE THE PAN DRIPPINGS: If you’d like to use the flavorful drippings as a dipping sauce, create a bit more of it by doubling the butter when you saute the minced garlic.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Steak Bites, Garlic Butter Steak Bites, Beef Cube Recipes, Steak Marinade, Steak Appetizers