Serve delicious Watergate Salad at your next gathering. Your guests will enjoy this mid-century party recipe. This cool creamy classic is fun, refreshing, and festive!
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) Jello Pistachio Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (shelled and chopped) pistachios
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
- Garnishes: A pinch of nostalgia, dollops of Cool Whip + Maraschino cherries with stems
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Gently fold in thawed Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight (for a make-ahead dessert).
- Serve with dollops of Cool Whip and stemmed Maraschino cherries!
- A LIGHTER VERSION OF WATERGATE SALAD: For a low-fat Jello dessert, use a 1-ounce box of sugar-free/fat-free Jello Pistachio Instant Pudding, 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt, 1 8-ounce can of crushed pineapple in juice (undrained), and 2 cups thawed fat-free Cool Whip.
- WANT A DEEPER SHADE OF GREEN? Add one drop of green food coloring to the dessert salad mixture. Stir it in. The color will be that of a Shamrock Shake!
- HOW TO STORE WATERGATE SALAD: Keep Jello salad refrigerated until serving. For food safety, keep it cold at 40°F or less.
- MORE INFO ABOUT THIS RECIPE: As always, further details are included in the body of the post, along with helpful step-by-step recipe images.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Watergate Salad, Jello Salad, Jello Dessert, Pistachio Fluff