This watermelon berry smoothie is thick, frosty and delicious. It has a smooth luscious texture that’s super refreshing. Pull out your high-speed blender. Make this healthy frozen drink in just 5 minutes.
- 2 1/2 cups diced frozen watermelon
- 2 1/2 (rounded) cups frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed ice (not large ice cubes)
- Add smoothie ingredients to the container of a high-speed blender: watermelon, mixed berries, honey, Greek yogurt and milk. Then add crushed ice (it’s important to add the ice last).
- Blend 1 minute or until the mixture is completely smooth. Don’t over-blend the ingredients, or the smoothie will be thin not thick.
- Divide the smoothie between 2 glasses. If desired, garnish with fresh mint and wedges of watermelon. Enjoy immediately.
WHEN TO ADD ICE WHEN MAKING A SMOOTHIE: Always add crushed ice (not whole ice cubes) to the blender container last, after the other ingredients. If added first, the ice will grind up quickly and start melting down. The smoothie will have a thin texture.
FOR A THICKER SMOOTHIE: Add more crushed ice and/or an extra (rounded) cup of frozen berries. Banana is also a great thickener for smoothies.
FOR A THINNER SMOOTHIE: To thin out a super thick smoothie, add extra Greek yogurt or a bit more milk. If you know in advance you want a thin smoothie, don’t use ice.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Watermelon Smoothie, Berry Smoothie, Mixed Berry Smoothie, Frozen Berry Smoothie, Jamba Juice Smoothie