Assemble creamy whipped feta dip in a food processor or high-speed blender. Enjoy this savory dip and spread with crackers, pita chips and a variety of fresh veggies. It’s easy to make and so delicious.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block feta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese (not block cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch sea salt, or to taste
- 1 green onion, sliced (optional garnish)
FIRE ROAST THE RED BELL PEPPER
- GAS STOVE METHOD: If no gas stove, see “oven broiler method” below. Place the red pepper directly on top of the stovetop grate. Turn the flame to medium heat. With metal tongs, rotate the pepper until the skin has blistered and charred on all sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Transfer charred pepper to a heat-safe bowl. Wrap the top of the bowl tightly with plastic wrap to trap the heat inside. Let the peppers steam for 10 minutes to loosen up the skins.When the charred pepper is cool to the touch, use a paper towel to rub off the blackened skin (or use a knife to scrape it off). Discard the scrapings. Remove and discard the stem and seeds.
- With a sharp knife, chop the pepper’s soft red flesh into small pieces. Set them aside until ready to use.
OVEN BROILER METHOD: Adjust the oven rack so the pepper will sit about 6 inches away from the broiler. Place the red pepper on the oven rack. Turn broiler on high. Char each side until blackened (about 3 minutes per side.)
WHIPPED FETA DIP RECIPE
- Add cubed feta, cream cheese, olive oil, smashed garlic, lemon juice and dried thyme to the bowl of a food processor. Process the ingredients until the mixture is smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). If needed, occasionally stop the machine to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add chopped peppers to the bowl. Pulse until desired size is reached. Turn off machine. Sample the mixture. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer whipped feta dip to a small bowl. If desired, garnish the surface with sliced green onions. Serve with pita, crackers and/or veggies.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE FASTER: Instead of charring and peeling a fresh red pepper at home, use a store-bought jar of “fire-roasted red bell peppers”.
STORAGE: Store feta dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Stir before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Greek, Mediterranean
Keywords: Whipped Feta Dip, Feta Dip, Feta Dip Recipe, Greek Feta Dip, Red Pepper Feta Dip