Celebrate summer with this delicious tropical Malibu cocktail! This fabulous coconut mojito is one of our most-requested party drink recipes for adults 21+. Frosty, creamy with the perfect balance of sweetness, this scrumptious drink has a beautiful laid-back beach vibe.
- 1 + 1/4 ounces lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoon mint leaves, lightly packed
- 1 cup crushed ice (or 1-1/4 cups ice cubes)
- 3 ounces Malibu
- 4.5 ounces coconut cream
- 1/3 cup club soda
- Rimming: simple syrup and sweetened shredded coconut
- Garnishes: shredded coconut, slice of lime, sprig of fresh mint
- Rim a cocktail glass by dipping the rim into a small saucer filled with simple syrup. Dip the wet rim into another saucer filled with shredded coconut. Put the glass aside.
- Add granulated sugar, lime juice and mint leaves to a different glass. Lightly muddle the mint a few times just until you can smell the mint. Do not over-muddle the mint, or press down hard when muddling, or your mojito will have a bitter taste!
- Add crushed ice to a drink shaker. Add the muddled mixture on top. Add the Malibu and coconut cream. Put the lid on and shake, shake, shake! Immediately pour the coconut mojito into a rimmed cocktail glass.
- Add the club soda on top of the drink and briefly swizzle with a bar spoon.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and sprig of mint. Sprinkle the top of the drink with shredded coconut. Drink responsibly. Enjoy!
- Category: Dinner Parties, Summer Gatherings
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American, Caribbean
Keywords: coconut mojito, how to make a mojito, mojito recipe