This beautiful breakfast pizza is cheesy, savory and delicious! Its festive colors, textures and flavors make it the ideal brunch recipe for the holidays.
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- Egg wash (1 egg plus 1 tablespoon water, whisked)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- 8 large eggs
- 8 slices Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 1 package Farmer John Classic Pork Sausage Links (cooked)
- Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place thawed puff pastry dough on a lightly-floured surface. Gently roll out the dough to remove creases. Lightly touch up cracks with a bit of water, as needed. Slice each sheet into 4 squares. Fold the edges inward by 1/2 inch to make a border. Seal with a water-moistened fingertip. With a fork, prick the center of each square several times. Brush the surface with egg wash. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 minutes or just until the dough has begun to rise in the middle. This will help form edges around each breakfast tart to keep eggs and other ingredients in place. Remove tray from oven. With clean fingertips, gently press down the center of each puff pastry.
- Sprinkle cheese over the surface of each breakfast pizza. Crack an egg in the middle of each square. Add cooked bacon slices and cooked sausage links which have been sliced in half lengthwise.
- Bake for 15 minutes or just until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still bright yellow and runny. Remove from the oven. Season with freshly-ground salt and pepper. Garnish each breakfast pizza with sliced green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Keywords: Breakfast Pizza, Breakfast Tart