These decadent chocolate mousse cups are super easy to make. They’re light and airy with a delicious mouthfeel. Ideal for dinner parties and the holiday season.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 4-ounce semi-sweet premium chocolate baking bars (like Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate bars)
- 4 cups (1 quart) heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Mousse Cups
- Chocolate ganache (above), cooled then slightly chilled
- Whipped cream (above)
- Optional garnishes: chocolate shavings, grated chocolate, chocolate jimmies (sprinkles), fresh mint leaves or rosemary sprigs.
Directions for Chocolate Ganache
Get the recipe here 👉🏻 Ganache
Directions for Whipped Cream
Get the recipe here 👉🏻 Whipped Cream
Assemble Chocolate Mousse Cups
- Reserve 1/4 of the whipped cream for later. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate. It will be used later to garnish the chocolate mousse cups.
- With a spatula, gently fold the chilled ganache into remaining whipped cream until combined.
- Put the (freezer-safe) bowl of chocolate mousse into the freezer for 20 minutes to chill and thicken, or refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into small dessert cups (keeping the mixture below the rim of the cup) and cover with plastic wrap. (Or transfer the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a metal tip. Chill it in the freezer for 5 minutes before piping.) Refrigerate the chocolate mousse cups for 2 hours, or until set.
- Garnish the desserts with reserved whipped cream and serve immediately, or return them to the fridge until serving time.
Make-Ahead Instructions: Prep chocolate mousse cups 1 day in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. A few hours before serving add whipped cream and garnishes, then return to the fridge to chill.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Mousse Cups, Easy Chocolate Mousse