Delicious decadent chocolate mousse is very easy to make! It’s the merging of two homemade recipes: ganache and whipped cream. Together these recipes only require a grand total of 4 simple ingredients plus optional garnishes.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE INGREDIENTS: Ganache + Whipped Cream
- 1 + 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 four-ounce semisweet chocolate baking bars (high quality)
- 4 cups (1 quart) heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Optional garnishes: whipped topping, chocolate shavings or sprinkles, raspberries, etc.
DIRECTIONS FOR GANACHE
Get the recipe here > Ganache
DIRECTIONS FOR WHIPPED CREAM
Get the recipe here > Homemade Whipped Cream
DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Reserve 1/4 of the freshly-made batch of whipped topping for later. You’ll use it as a garnish for the chocolate mousse. Gently fold the cooled/slightly cold ganache into the rest of the whipped cream until the two recipes are completely combined.
- Stick the bowl of chocolate mousse into the freezer for 20 minutes, or refrigerate it for 45 minutes.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into small dessert cups. Or if you’re feeling fancy, use a pastry bag and decorating tip to pipe it. If desired, garnish with your favorite toppings.
- Refrigerate the cups of mousse until serving time.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Party
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse recipe, how to make chocolate mousse