This easy egg salad recipe is healthy, cool and refreshing. Make it just 10 minutes with hard-boiled eggs, creamy condiments, red onion, pickles, herbs and spices. It tastes like it came from a deli.
- 8 large hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced kosher Dill pickles (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped (no stems)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Using an egg slicer, chop hard boiled eggs into small pieces.
- Add chopped egg, mayo, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar to a medium-size mixing bowl. With a spoon, mix well.
- Add red onion, fresh dill, paprika, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix until incorporated. Do a taste test. Adjust herbs and spices, if needed. A light sprinkling of additional apple cider vinegar will further brighten things up!
Best eggs for hard boiled eggs: Eggs that are 1 to 2 weeks old are much easier to peel than fresh eggs. As eggs sit in the fridge the egg whites start to shrink away from the shells, leaving space between the egg and shell. So after boiling these eggs peel more cleanly.
More delicious add-ins: Celery, black olives, lemon juice, chives, crispy bacon (cooked and crumbled).
How to quickly slice eggs without an egg slicer: Place a metal cooling rack (with square grates) over a mixing bowl. Press a peeled egg straight down through the grates. This method quickly slices eggs into tiny square pieces.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg salad, egg salad recipe, egg salad sandwich