Egg salad is a traditional deli recipe. It’s a light healthy meal that’s quick and easy to make! Enjoy this recipe as a classic egg salad sandwich, stuff a pita pocket, or get creative by building a custom lettuce wrap! This delicious mixture is also perfect as part of a DIY bowl recipe.
- 8 large hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped (no stems)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Using a knife or egg slicer, chop hard boiled eggs into small cubes.
- Add chopped egg, mayo, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar to a medium-size mixing bowl. With a spoon, mix well.
- Add red onion, fresh dill, paprika, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix until incorporated. Do a taste test. Adjust herbs and spices, if needed. A light sprinkling of additional apple cider vinegar will further brighten things up!
EGG SALAD INGREDIENT INSPIRATION – Try mixing things up with these great egg salad add-ins: Dill pickles, celery, black olives, lemon juice, chives, crispy cooked bacon bits.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg salad, egg salad recipe, egg salad sandwich, easy recipe, how to make egg salad, best egg salad recipe