Say goodbye to flat, rubbery, over-cooked pancakes. Making light fluffy pancakes has never been easier! This delicious recipe for pancakes from scratch is a keeper!
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup whole or low-fat milk
- 1–1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium/low heat.
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into a deep mixing bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients until just mixed.
- *For the fluffiest pancakes, see notes below. Add all the wet ingredients into the bowl. Whisk until incorporated. Do not overmix. The pancake batter may still have lumps, and that’s okay!
- With a measuring spoon, form each pancake by ladling two tablespoons of batter onto the griddle. As soon as bubbles rise to the surface and begin to pop, flip your pancakes over. Cook for another minute or so, until your fluffy pancakes are lightly golden and done.
- Serve straight off the griddle with your favorite toppings!
WHAT’S THE TRICK TO FLUFFY PANCAKES?
- Adding lemon juice to the pancake batter.
- Not over-mixing the batter.
- FOR AN EXTRA BOOST OF FLUFFINESS: Separate the eggs. Add in yolks with the wet ingredients and mix until blended. The final step: fold or stir egg whites into the batter.
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pancakes, fluffy pancakes, homemade pancakes, pancakes from scratch