Peppermint patty brownies with Hershey’s Kisses are delicious, decadent holiday treats! Not only do they taste fabulous, but they look super festive too.
INGREDIENTS FOR PEPPERMINT BROWNIES
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 Hershey’s Kisses
INGREDIENTS FOR PEPPERMINT FROSTING
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block), softened
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pound of powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
GARNISHES FOR PEPPERMINT PATTY BROWNIES
- Crushed candy canes
- 9 Hershey’s Kisses
DIRECTIONS FOR PEPPERMINT BROWNIES
- Generously butter an 8X8 square baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, mix melted butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and peppermint extract with a wooden spoon until well blended. Add the two large eggs and mix again. Add the cocoa powder. Mix until incorporated while trying to break up any lumps as much as possible. Add the baking soda and salt. Stir briefly. Add the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- With a spatula, transfer the brownie batter to the prepared baking pan. Lightly press 16 Hershey’s Kisses, evenly spaced, into the brownie batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in two spots where the Kisses are not located comes out clean. Remove from oven. Allow the peppermint brownies to stay in the baking pan while cooling down completely.
DIRECTIONS FOR PEPPERMINT FROSTING
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and a pinch of salt until the mixture is light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Mix until the consistency of the peppermint frosting is smooth, creamy and delightful.
- With a spatula, spread the peppermint frosting over the top of the cooled brownies.
GARNISH PEPPERMINT PATTY BROWNIES
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the peppermint frosting.
- Gently press 9 Hershey’s kisses, equally spaced over the top of the frosting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snack, Tea Time, Dessert, Holiday, Party
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppermint patty brownies, peppermint brownies, peppermint brownie recipe