Slow-cooker pulled pork sliders feature tender, juicy fall-apart meat. The succulent pork is tossed with homemade BBQ sauce, then tucked into rolls or buns with tangy coleslaw.
For Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (about 4 lbs), fat trimmed & meat cut into 1″ pieces
For BBQ Sauce and Assembling Sliders
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, to thicken cooking liquid for BBQ sauce
- 4 cups coleslaw, homemade or store-bought
- Hawaiian rolls, brioche slider rolls, or hamburger buns
- Add all the ingredients for the classic BBQ sauce to the slow cooker: diced onion, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, tomato paste, and spices. Stir to combine. Add the cubed pork shoulder to the pot. Stir until all pieces are coated in sauce.
- Cook on low for 8 hours (or on high for 6 hours), or until the pork is fork tender and the internal temperature of the meat registers 205°F on a meat thermometer.
- Transfer the cooking liquid to a small saucepan. Whisk in the cornstarch. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the BBQ sauce reaches the desired thickness.
- Shred the pork with 2 forks. Pour just enough BBQ sauce over the meat until it’s coated to your liking, then toss to combine. (Any leftover BBQ sauce can be served on the side.)
- Assemble the pulled pork sliders: Add the meat and coleslaw to rolls or buns.
👉🏻 It’s important to know: Raw pork cooks down to half its weight. So 1 lb. of raw pork will yield about 1/2 lb. of cooked meat.
Servings: This recipe yields enough meat for 16 pulled-pork sliders, or 8 pulled-pork sandwiches.
How long will pulled pork last in the fridge? USDA guidelines for food safety recommend storing pulled pork in the fridge (in a shallow covered container) for no longer than 3 to 4 days. After that time, it must be discarded.
- Want pulled pork with a kick of heat? In Step 1 (above), add 3 teaspoons hot sauce.
- Want to give the meat a deep smoky flavor? In Step 1 (above), add 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke.
- Don’t want to make your own BBQ sauce? Skip Step 1 (above). Instead, toss the meat with 2 cups of your favorite store-bought sauce. I favor Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6 Hours
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pulled Pork Sliders, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Pulled Pork Sliders Recipe, Pulled Pork