After you’ve transferred the brownie batter to your square baker, don’t forget to lick the spatula! After whipping up batters and frostings it’s definitely my favorite moment.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- One 4-ounce Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Mexican vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hershey’s natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- One 12-ounce package Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Adjust the oven rack to the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees bake.
- Grease a 9X9 square baker, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter and half of the (chopped) chocolate bar in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring with a wooden spoon after each time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add in cocoa powder, flour and salt. Stir until combined.
- Using a large spatula, fold in remaining 2 ounces of chocolate bar plus the chocolate chips. The brownie batter will be very thick and yummy looking.
- Transfer the brownie batter into the square baker spreading it evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until desired doneness. When inserting a cake tester into the middle of the brownies I prefer mine to still be a bit moist with a few crumbs attached.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan, then slice into nine squares.
Note: Brownies can be covered and stored on your countertop for up to 7 days.
For an even sweeter-tasting brownie, you can substitute milk chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Both versions of these brownies are super yummy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: triple chocolate brownies, dark chocolate brownies, brownie recipe