Spring and summer are the perfect seasons to enjoy fresh strawberry pie. I love it when bright-red, juicy strawberries start making an appearance at farmers markets and grocery stores.
Pie crust, store-bought or homemade
Fresh strawberries (48 ounces), rinsed and hulled
Marie’s Glaze for Strawberries, 14 ounce container
- Line a pie plate with pie dough. Prick the bottom and sides of the unbaked crust. Line the crust with parchment paper and add pie weights to prevent the pie from bubbling up and becoming disfigured while baking. To prevent the crust from over-browning, tent the entire pie crust with foil during the first half of the baking time. If using a store-bought pie crust, pre-bake according to package directions. For a homemade pie crust, bake at 375 degrees for approximately 35 minutes or until the entire crust is a light golden brown. Cool the pie crust completely.
- While the pie crust is baking, rinse and hull strawberries.
- Transfer strawberries to a large mixing bowl. Pour strawberry glaze over the strawberries. With a spatula, fold the glaze into the strawberries. Make sure all strawberries are well coated with glaze.
- Spoon the strawberries into the baked and cooled pie crust. Refrigerate your fresh strawberry pie until you’re ready to serve it. Enjoy!
- Optional: Garnish or serve with whipped cream.
- Category: breakfast, snack, dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, French
Keywords: strawberry pie, strawberry pie recipe