This delicious baked oatmeal recipe is a hearty, healthy breakfast I know you’ll enjoy. When I was in Minneapolis a couple weeks back, Lindsay from Pinch of Yum served a yummy baked oatmeal dish. I pinch myself for not having asked for her recipe, but when I came back home I felt so incredibly inspired to delve right into recipe creation. I headed to my pantry and started pulling out some of my favorite ingredients. I whisked together this unique baked oatmeal recipe that will delight family and friends. The consistency and flavor is amazing!
What you’ll love about this baked oatmeal recipe is that it’s so versatile. If you have special dietary restrictions, this recipe can be easily modified. Although I used coconut milk you can substitute cow’s milk. I used fresh blueberries and fresh lemon juice, but if these are not in season frozen blueberries and bottled lemon juice will do just fine. I used maple syrup, but you can use honey. I love coconut, but if you’re not crazy about it – skip it! When my baked oatmeal came out of the oven I drizzled two tablespoons of melted butter over the top. But if you don’t do dairy – skip this step too. Your baked oatmeal will still taste incredibly scrumptious. And possible toppings? Whoah…just wait until we get to that part!
This healthy breakfast recipe is very easy to assemble. Start by whisking the milk, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, Mexican vanilla and lemon juice together in a large mixing bowl.
Add in the oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and shredded coconut. Mix everything together until fully incorporated. Scrape the bowl a few times with a spatula just to make sure.
Grease the bottom and sides of a square baker. Arrange half of the blueberries on the bottom of the baking dish.
Pour the oatmeal mixture on top of the layer of blueberries. Level it out with a spatula.
Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top of the oatmeal mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the top of the baked oatmeal is beautifully golden. Remove from the oven and place on a trivet or wire cooling rack. Cool for 5 – 10 minutes before digging in.
In the meantime, drizzle a bit of melted butter evenly over the top. Mmm… And if you love coconut as much as I do, sprinkle with beautiful coconut flakes.
Wow. Just look at this beauty. This baked oatmeal tastes just as yummy as it looks.
Now here comes the fun part. The toppings! There are no rules when it comes to topping off homemade baked oatmeal. Let your imagination run wild. Here I’ve chosen sliced strawberries, sliced bananas, raspberries, blackberries, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and pieces of chopped chocolate.
And again, because there are no rules – I added a generous dollop of homemade whipped cream! So flavorful. So festive.
Take a closer look at this scrumptious baked oatmeal all dolled up like this. Ahhh…I know exactly what you’re thinking – super scandalous, right? No worries. You can tone things down and keep it prim and proper by adding a healthy scoop of refreshing Greek yogurt instead. Yum!
How to Make Baked Oatmeal > Shop This Post
If you like to cook and bake, you’ll find these wonderful kitchen tools incredibly helpful! I have two KitchenAid stand mixers that I use several times a week. I have a collection of beautiful baking dishes. The white one you see in images of this baked oatmeal recipe came from Williams Sonoma, but I also have a baker like the one shown below. If you’re short on kitchen storage, be selective when choosing the kitchen tools you have room for. Go for the loveliest and prettiest as you’ll be using them every day.
This delicious baked oatmeal recipe is a hearty, healthy breakfast I know you’ll enjoy. I whisked together this unique baked oatmeal recipe that will delight family and friends. The consistency and flavor is amazing!
- 1 + 3/4 cups coconut milk or cow’s milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lemon – juice only
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoons pure Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract)
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats or rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 + 1/2 cups blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Coconut flakes for sprinkling
- Your favorite toppings: strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, bananas, chopped chocolate, sunflower seeds, walnuts, whipped cream, Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Add in the oats, shredded coconut, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Grease a 9 X 9-inch baking dish. Arrange half of the blueberries on the bottom.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture on top of the blueberries. Use a spatula to evenly spread the mixture within the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until blueberry oatmeal bake is beautifully golden. Remove from oven to a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, drizzle 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the top of the blueberry oatmeal bake. Sprinkle with coconut flakes, as desired.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked oatmeal, baked oatmeal recipe, blueberry baked oatmeal
PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this healthy baked oatmeal recipe for later!
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
CARROT CAKE SCONES make a delicious breakfast all year round! Whip up yummy a batch for brunch, tea time or just because.
YOGURT PARFAIT WITH FRUIT COMPOTE is a quick easy breakfast that’s both healthy and delicious!
SWEET AND SAVORY BREAKFAST TOAST. This boutique-hotel breakfast is quick and simple to make at home. Discover how to put one together in a flash!
GET MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
How to Make Baked Oatmeal – Join the Conversation!
Have you tried a baked oatmeal recipe before? What are your favorite oatmeal toppings? I’d love to hear your thoughts about breakfast recipes the comments below.