This copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce recipe is spot on. It tastes just like the original. No need to spend a bundle on fast food combos when you’re craving rich, creamy CFA dipping sauce. Just make it at home!
📌 PIN CHICK-FIL-A-SAUCE RECIPE
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Uses common ingredients and pantry staples.
- Just stir the ingredients together in 1 small bowl.
- This is a 5-minute recipe.
- Identical flavor to authentic restaurant Chick-Fil-A sauce.
- This copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce recipe is simple to upscale.
- Making dipping sauce at home will save you money.
We all know what makes the Chick-Fil-A experience special. The employees are attentive. Their trademark phrase “my pleasure” can make you feel like royalty. But the main restaurant draw is creamy, savory Chick-Fil-A sauce.
With prices spiraling out of control on everything, the cost of eating out has become ridiculous. Now more than ever, we’re all looking for ways to make our money stretch farther. We’re cutting back on trips to Starbucks, Jamba Juice, and our favorite take-out restaurants like Chick-Fil-A.
With this in mind, a friend and I headed to the kitchen and got to work. Our goal was to crack the code for authentic-tasting Chick-Fil-A sauce that can be made at home. After experimenting with different ingredient combinations and amounts, we achieved success! And the feeling was golden.
To all those copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce recipes out there with just 4 or 5 ingredients, we have something to say to you: no way. That’s not how you make it. Not if you’re after spot-on CFA flavor like we are.
I know 2 former Chick-Fil-A employees. Their taste buds are keen to detect an authentic CFA dipping sauce against an imposter. They say this copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce recipe tastes identical to the original restaurant sauce.
Now with this copycat recipe, you can make Chick-Fil-A dipping sauce whenever you’d like. Serve it with homemade chicken tenders and waffle fries. Make your own healthier fast-food combo! Once you start dipping those fries in the sauce, your taste buds will agree – it’s super authentic.
- Mayonnaise: This is the creamy base of our Chick-Fil-A dipping sauce. It makes the mixture rich, thick and delicious. I use Best Foods Mayonnaise. For an authentic CFA taste, do not use Miracle Whip.
- Honey: Adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the sauce.
- Yellow Mustard: Contributes both color and tang. Do not substitute with dijon mustard.
- BBQ Sauce: Adds sweet smoky flavor to the CFA sauce. I consider Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce one of two flavor secrets for this copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce recipe.
- Lemon Juice: Adds acidity and brightness to the mixture.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Adds a crisp woodsy taste, acidity, and a touch of delicious sour tang.
- Garlic Powder: Adds the ideal amount of earthy rustic flavor.
- Smoked Paprika: Contributes a bright red color along with rich smoky flavor and a bit of sweetness.
- Liquid Smoke: This secret ingredient is key to making the BEST copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce. I use hickory-flavored liquid smoke that’s available at most large grocery stores.
HOW TO MAKE CHICK-FIL-A SAUCE
- STEP 1: Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- STEP 2: Whisk or stir to combine.
Enjoy immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
These are the most commonly-asked questions for making the BEST copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce recipe, and the most helpful answers for recipe success.
It’s the most popular dipping sauce at Chick-Fil-A fast-food restaurants. It’s used for chicken nuggets, chicken strips and waffle potato fries.
This thick creamy dipping sauce is very rich. It tastes savory, smoky, slightly sweet and tangy. With hints of honey mustard sauce, smoky BBQ, and ranch dressing – it’s like a mashup of 3 different sauces.
For true CFA flavor, use smoked paprika. Here’s an informative article from Cooking Light: There are 3 different types of paprika – sweet, hot and smoked. It matters which type you use.
Homemade dipping sauce does not contain preservatives like packaged restaurant sauces. If homemade Chick-Fil-A sauce is placed in an airtight container and stored in the fridge, it can last up to 5 days.
Homemade CFA dipping sauce must be stored in the fridge for food safety. It contains mayonnaise, an ingredient which must always be refrigerated. And once opened, packets of Chick-Fil-A sauce from the CFA restaurant must be refrigerated as well.
more dipping sauce recipes
If you loved this copycat Chick-Fil-A dipping sauce recipe, get ready to make more yummy sauces at home. Each recipe is quick to assemble and wallet-friendly. Because we all love to save money and still enjoy good eats!
RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Our flavor testers were former Chick-Fil-A employees. They blind taste tested this recipe against genuine CFA sauce from the restaurant. They were beyond impressed that the taste and texture of our DIY sauce was spot on!
If you too enjoyed this CFA dipping sauce recipe, give it a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero. Share it with a friend.Print
Chick-Fil-A Sauce recipe
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 1/2 Cup 1x
This rich flavorful Chick-Fil-A sauce recipe tastes just like the original. It’s tangy and creamy with a hint of sweet. Enjoy this dipping sauce with chicken nuggets and fries. Add it to your condiment line-up.
- 1/3 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk or stir to combine.
Enjoy CFA dipping sauce immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
How Long This Sauce Can Last: Homemade dipping sauce does not contain preservatives like packaged restaurant sauces. When placed in an airtight container and stored in the fridge, it can last up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chick-Fil-A Sauce, Chick-Fil-A Sauce Recipe, Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce, Homemade Chick-Fil-A Sauce, Chick-Fil-A Dipping Sauce
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce Recipe > Your thoughts
What do you think of this this homemade CFA dipping sauce? What will you serve with yours? Join the conversation in the comments below.
1 thought on “Chick-Fil-A Sauce recipe”
This sauce is sooo darn good! Tastes just like the original. Next time I’m doubling the recipe.