When it comes to festive holiday appetizers, baked brie with cranberries is a real crowd pleaser! Drizzled with golden honey and a delightful cranberry sauce, this elegant baked brie recipe will delight your holiday guests!
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED BRIE RECIPE
These are the simple ingredients for this baked brie appetizer:
- Fresh cranberries
- Apple juice or water
- Granulated sugar
- Pomegranate seeds
- Wheel of brie
- Honey or agave
- Glazed pecans or walnuts
- Garnish: Fresh rosemary
- Variety of crackers
BAKED BRIE RECIPE
This baked brie is quick and easy to make! It starts with a basic cranberry sauce made on the stovetop.
- In a small saucepan, add cranberries apple juice and granulated sugar.
- Stir the ingredients over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Lower the flame to simmer. Keep stirring.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until all of the cranberries have popped.
HOLIDAY APPETIZERS: BAKED BRIE CRANBERRY
Here’s how to make baked brie with cranberries step by step:
- Add the pomegranate seeds. Stir to combine.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Allow the cranberry sauce to cool completely.
HOW TO BAKE BRIE
Get ready to make the best baked brie you’ve ever tasted!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the round of brie cheese on a small, parchment-lined baking dish.
- Bake the brie for 8 minutes, or until the cheese has begun to soften.
- Remove baked brie from the oven.
- Drizzle the top of the cheese with organic honey.
BAKED BRIE APPETIZER
- Spoon cranberry sauce over the honey.
- Some honey and cranberry will drip down the sides in a beautiful way.
BAKED BRIE WITH HONEY AND CRANBERRIES
- Return baked brie with cranberries to the oven.
- Allow these cheesy appetizer to bake for 2-3 more minutes.
- Baked brie is ready when it reaches a warm, soft, gooey consistency.
- Add a sprinkling of pecans across the top.
- Garnish with a lovely sprig of fresh rosemary
SHOULD YOU REMOVE THE RIND FROM BRIE CHEESE?
The rind on brie cheese is edible. Most people eat the rind along with the cheese. The purpose of the rind is to hold the cheese together. It prevents the cheese from drying out and losing its flavor.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BAKED BRIE?
Here’s what to serve with this savory buttery cheese:
- A variety of rustic crackers and seeded crackers
- Sliced apples and pears
- A baguette, sliced and toasted
- A variety of nuts: pistachios, almonds, walnuts, and pecans
- Acidic wines, hearty beers, and sparkling apple cider
KITCHEN TOOLS FOR BAKED BRIE RECIPE
These are helpful kitchen tools for making and serving baked brie.
Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pomegranate
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
This gorgeous baked brie appetizer is drizzled with honey and a luscious cranberry sauce. Sprinkled with glazed pecans and garnished with fresh sprigs of rosemary, baked brie is an elegant holiday appetizer!
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 8-ounce wheel of brie
- 1/8 cup organic honey or agave
- 1/3 cup glazed pecans or walnuts
- Garnish: Fresh sprigs of rosemary
- Variety of rustic crackers
- In a small saucepan, add cranberries, apple juice and sugar. Stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Lower the flame. Keep stirring the cranberry sauce as it simmers. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until all cranberries have popped. Add pomegranate seeds to the pan. Stir to combine. Remove pan from heat. Allow cranberry sauce to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place wheel of brie cheese on a small baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake the brie for 8 minutes, or until the cheese has begun to soften. Remove baked brie from the oven.
- Drizzle the top of the baked brie with organic honey and cranberry sauce. Return baked brie to the oven. Bake for 2-3 more minutes until it reaches a warm, soft consistency.
- Sprinkle glazed pecans over the top. Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary. Serve with crackers, and slices of apples and pears.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked brie, baked brie recipe, how to bake brie, baked brie appetizer, baked brie cranberry, baked brie with honey, appetizer recipes
HOLIDAY APPETIZERS AND DESSERTS
If you enjoyed this delicious baked brie, you’ll also like these festive holiday appetizers and desserts!
LINZER SUGAR COOKIES WITH LEMON CURD
Saveur: HOLIDAY PARTY APPETIZERS
Better Homes & Gardens: CHEESY APPETIZER RECIPES
Recipe Tin Eats: BAKED BRIE WITH MAPLE SYRUP
BAKED BRIE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this baked brie recipe for later. PIN IT NOW!
BAKED BRIE WITH CRANBERRIES > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What are your favorite holiday appetizers? What do you think about this baked brie recipe? Join the conversation in the comments below!
33 thoughts on “Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pomegranate”
Perfect dessert to serve even after the holiday season! Definitely a must try!
OMG brie is my absolute face cheese and you TOTALLY killed it here. Can I just dive face first into all these beautiful photos please?
We love Baked Brie at the holidays, but have never tried it with cranberries. Usually we use raspberries.
Yum. This looks delicious. I love baked brie and pomegranates but never had them together. I’m going to have to try this for the holidays!
This appetizer pretty much combines every food I’m obsessed with. Seriously – I gasped in delight when I saw the picture. Love it!
Looks so delicious. We’re going to try this for our Christmas brunch!!
I have been on such a pomegranate kick lately and ADORE baked brie. I am going to have to give this a try very soon!
How pretty! And it sounds delicious. I think this is the perfect appetizer for the holidays – it’s easy and pretty and delicious! Thanks for sharing.
MY Sister loves this type of recipe!!! I can’t wait to make this for her!
Oh my gosh, this looks amazing! I LOVE brie, but I never have baked it before. This will definitely end up on my Christmas Eve spread!
This is the kind of holiday appetizer that I like! Looks so fancy and it’s so easy to make! I love it!
What a perfect holiday side dish ! This looks so yummy :)
This recipe has my name all over it. My gosh — baked brie with the sweetness of honey and cranberries. Then slather the warm cheese on bread or crackers — I’m in heaven!! This is such a great appetizer for the holidays. I’m putting the ingredients on my grocery list.
Lovely festive looking dish! Vibrant colors and must be so delicious. Our holiday favorite!
What can I say? Your recipe looks really delicious and I need to learn this immediately so I can prepare this for my kids. Yummy!
This looks so tasty and I love the addition of the pomegranate to pair with the traditional cranberry flavors! Yum!
I was just talking to my daughter the other day about how we haven’t had baked brie in ages. I love it with cranberry but we have never added pomegranate.
This is screaming holiday!! Looks so delicious and inviting ????
What a great recipe to serve for holiday parties! So perfect for this time of year. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
This looks so yummy and festive! Love it!
You know I’ve never had pomegranate before…don’t judge me but I don’t know how it tastes. I am curious to try it I think I will try the drink first
This is a beauty. I love the combination of cranberry and pomegranate seeds, they are so pretty together. Would love to add this recipe to my holiday table.
Now this sounds like a unique festive dish, I have to admit I love brie and bet cranberries would go with it amazingly. Hmm wonder if I can order some bits on the shopping still.
Oh my gosh I think I’m definitely going to make this for the holiday party I have tomorrow. What a perfect appetizer.
Loving this! There is nothing quite like a gooey baked brie topped with fruit. Love the cranberries for the holidays.
Please excuse me while I drool. I just love cranberries. And cheese. This is the BEST combo. I’ll be making this for sure.
I love everything about this! I have bookmarked it for later so I can recreate this appetizer for a holiday gathering. Now I just need to find the perfect crackers to go with this gooey-delight.
This looks freakin delicious!!
What a stunning appetizer for holiday this is perfect for New Years party and I see me making this to bring!
I’m crazy about baked brie and I love trying different toppings. I’ve never done it with cranberries. It looks so festive and delicious.
This makes such a beautiful presentation to serve on your Christmas table. Brie is so good and ef more people knew how easy it is to make they would do it more often.
Oh wow! I could 10000% see this being a TOTAL crowd pleaser!
I have never baked cheese or brie before but this looks like a great party pleaser. I am planning on a cocktail party this season and this seems like just the right appetizer.