When it comes to festive holiday appetizers, baked brie with cranberries is a real crowd pleaser! Drizzled with golden honey and a delightful cranberry sauce, this elegant baked brie recipe will delight your holiday guests!
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED BRIE RECIPE
These are the simple ingredients for this baked brie appetizer:
- Fresh cranberries
- Apple juice or water
- Granulated sugar
- Pomegranate seeds
- Wheel of brie
- Honey or agave
- Glazed pecans or walnuts
- Garnish: Fresh rosemary
- Variety of crackers
BAKED BRIE RECIPE
This baked brie is quick and easy to make! It starts with a basic cranberry sauce made on the stovetop.
- In a small saucepan, add cranberries apple juice and granulated sugar.
- Stir the ingredients over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Lower the flame to simmer. Keep stirring.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until all of the cranberries have popped.
HOLIDAY APPETIZERS: BAKED BRIE CRANBERRY
Here’s how to make baked brie with cranberries step by step:
- Add the pomegranate seeds. Stir to combine.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Allow the cranberry sauce to cool completely.
HOW TO BAKE BRIE
Get ready to make the best baked brie you’ve ever tasted!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the round of brie cheese on a small, parchment-lined baking dish.
- Bake the brie for 8 minutes, or until the cheese has begun to soften.
- Remove baked brie from the oven.
- Drizzle the top of the cheese with organic honey.
BAKED BRIE APPETIZER
- Spoon cranberry sauce over the honey.
- Some honey and cranberry will drip down the sides in a beautiful way.
BAKED BRIE WITH HONEY AND CRANBERRIES
- Return baked brie with cranberries to the oven.
- Allow these cheesy appetizer to bake for 2-3 more minutes.
- Baked brie is ready when it reaches a warm, soft, gooey consistency.
- Add a sprinkling of pecans across the top.
- Garnish with a lovely sprig of fresh rosemary
SHOULD YOU REMOVE THE RIND FROM BRIE CHEESE?
The rind on brie cheese is edible. Most people eat the rind along with the cheese. The purpose of the rind is to hold the cheese together. It prevents the cheese from drying out and losing its flavor.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BAKED BRIE?
Here’s what to serve with this savory buttery cheese:
- A variety of rustic crackers and seeded crackers
- Sliced apples and pears
- A baguette, sliced and toasted
- A variety of nuts: pistachios, almonds, walnuts, and pecans
- Acidic wines, hearty beers, and sparkling apple cider
KITCHEN TOOLS FOR BAKED BRIE RECIPE
These are helpful kitchen tools for making and serving baked brie.
This gorgeous baked brie appetizer is drizzled with honey and a luscious cranberry sauce. Sprinkled with glazed pecans and garnished with fresh sprigs of rosemary, baked brie is an elegant holiday appetizer!
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 8-ounce wheel of brie
- 1/8 cup organic honey or agave
- 1/3 cup glazed pecans or walnuts
- Garnish: Fresh sprigs of rosemary
- Variety of rustic crackers
- In a small saucepan, add cranberries, apple juice and sugar. Stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Lower the flame. Keep stirring the cranberry sauce as it simmers. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until all cranberries have popped. Add pomegranate seeds to the pan. Stir to combine. Remove pan from heat. Allow cranberry sauce to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place wheel of brie cheese on a small baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake the brie for 8 minutes, or until the cheese has begun to soften. Remove baked brie from the oven.
- Drizzle the top of the baked brie with organic honey and cranberry sauce. Return baked brie to the oven. Bake for 2-3 more minutes until it reaches a warm, soft consistency.
- Sprinkle glazed pecans over the top. Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary. Serve with crackers, and slices of apples and pears.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked brie, baked brie recipe, how to bake brie, baked brie appetizer, baked brie cranberry, baked brie with honey, appetizer recipes
HOLIDAY APPETIZERS AND DESSERTS
If you enjoyed this delicious baked brie, you’ll also like these festive holiday appetizers and desserts!
Saveur: HOLIDAY PARTY APPETIZERS
Better Homes & Gardens: CHEESY APPETIZER RECIPES
Recipe Tin Eats: BAKED BRIE WITH MAPLE SYRUP
BAKED BRIE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this baked brie recipe for later. PIN IT NOW!
BAKED BRIE WITH CRANBERRIES > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What are your favorite holiday appetizers? What do you think about this baked brie recipe? Join the conversation in the comments below!