Delicious cold spaghetti salad is a cool refreshing meal for hot summer days! Whenever the weather heats up, I count on quick meal ideas that will get me in and out of the kitchen in a flash. After boiling and cooling the pasta, it takes only 15 minutes to put this healthy salad together for you and your family. With a variety of crisp garden veggies, it’s packed with both color and flavor. Perfect as an entree or side dish, it’s also ideal for picnics, potlucks, and backyard gatherings. Scroll down the page for the printable recipe card!
Spaghetti Salad Ingredients
These are the ingredients for making quick and easy cold spaghetti salad: thin spaghetti, grape tomatoes, zucchini, green bell pepper, red onions, fresh parsley, black olives, freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, and bottled or homemade Italian dressing.
How to Make Spaghetti Salad
Here are the simple instructions for making spaghetti salad: In heavily salted water, boil the pasta al dente according to package instructions. After draining the pasta in a colander, cool the pasta by tossing it with olive oil and then spreading it in an even layer on a baking tray.
Spaghetti Salad Recipe
Slice the red onions in thin strips, and cut the grape tomatoes and black olives in half. Slice the zucchini into rounds and then slice the rounds into fourths. Chop the bell peppers and parsley.
Flavorful Spaghetti Salad
For this spaghetti salad recipe you can use a bottle of store-bought Italian dressing, or a make a quick fresh batch of dressing made from scratch. It’s quick and easy to make with this 5-minute salad dressing recipe!
Best Cold Spaghetti Salad
Add the cooled pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add all the veggies, Parmesan cheese, and parsley to the bowl. Fold them into the spaghetti. Drizzle the Italian dressing over the top and then mix it in. Do a taste test. Add more salt and pepper as needed. If you feel that your cold spaghetti salad needs a bit more brightening, sprinkle a bit of red wine vinegar on top and mix it in.
Easy Spaghetti Salad
Garnish your delicious spaghetti salad with additional freshly-ground black pepper and more Parmesan cheese. You can never add too much cheese! Place a beautiful sprig of parsley leaves in the middle. Your delicious summer salad is now ready to serve and enjoy!
Kitchen Tools for Making Spaghetti Salad
I absolutely love my large anodized stockpot! It’s a kitchen must-have item. I have one here in my California kitchen, and one in my kitchen in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. It’s handy for making many recipes, including boiling pasta for yummy summer salads.
Cold Spaghetti Salad
Yield 5 Servings
Cold refreshing spaghetti salad is a quick and easy dish you can get on your table in a flash! The perfect choice for warm-weather months, this yummy summer salad is filled with crisp colorful veggies that will delight every tummy. It's also an ideal choice for picnics, potlucks and parties.
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 1 6-ounce can black olives, sliced
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large zucchini, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or minced
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnishing)
- 1 + 1/2 cups store-bought or homemade Italian dressing, cold (refrigerated)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta in heavily salted water until it's al dente. Drain the spaghetti in a colander. Do not rinse it under cold water. Instead, drizzle olive oil over the noodles. Toss the spaghetti, and then spread it in an even layer on a cookie sheet to cool. This is a food styling trick that keeps your pasta looking picture perfect!
- Transfer the cooled pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the veggies and parsley and mix well. Add the Parmesan cheese and the cold Italian dressing and fold them in. Do a taste test and add salt and pepper as needed. If your salad needs just a touch of brightening, you can sprinkle a bit of red wine vinegar on top and mix it in.
- Garnish your spaghetti salad with a couple more twists of freshly-ground black pepper, more grated Parmesan cheese, and a lovely fresh sprig of Parsley. Your delicious summer salad is ready to enjoy!
Courses Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Potluck
Cuisine Italian, American
SPAGHETTI SALAD RECIPE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this delicious SPAGHETTI SALAD RECIPE for later. Pin it to Pinterest right now!
ESSENTIAL SUMMER SALAD RECIPES
Fresh HOMEMADE ITALIAN DRESSING is perfect for this beautiful spaghetti salad recipe!
Bright and festive BROCCOLI SALAD with bacon is a delicious healthy choice for lunch or dinner.
CLASSIC MACARONI SALAD is a scrumptious picnic favorite that is perfect for summertime enjoyment!
Yummy TROPICAL FRUIT SALAD with agave-lime dressing is an easy healthy recipe that will have your family coming back for seconds!
SPAGHETTI SALAD > JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
What are your top three favorite pasta salads? What do you think about this delicious spaghetti salad recipe? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Join the conversation in the comments below.