Today I’m sharing my scrumptious Fiesta Taco Dip recipe. It reminds me of my second home on the Pacific shores of Mexico where every day is full of sunshine, good food and plenty of fun fiestas! Yesterday my husband and I just returned to California from a 3.5 week Mexican vacation. So for the next two weeks on the blog I’ll be sharing some of my favorite Mexican party dips and recipes that I know you’ll enjoy too.
Ingredients for Taco Dip Recipe
You may be wondering, what’s in a taco dip and how long does it take to make it? To answer your question, these are all the ingredients you’ll need: a softened block of cream cheese, sour cream, a packet of taco seasoning mix, and a small can of mild diced green chilies. For garnishes you’ll need a large leaf of Romaine lettuce, diced grape tomatoes, sliced black olives, diced green bell pepper, diced red onion, and shredded cheddar cheese. And last but not least – a large bag of restaurant-style tortilla chips! And you’ll be excited to know this fiesta taco dip recipe takes only 15 minutes to make.
How to Make Taco Dip
Here’s how to make this easy taco dip recipe: add the softened block of cream cheese to a medium mixing bowl. Add in the sour cream and the packet of taco seasoning. Mix the ingredients together until the taco dip is smooth and creamy. You can either mix this by hand or use a stand mixer with the flat beater attachment. Add in the mild diced green chilies and stir again until incorporated.
Select a large piece of Romaine lettuce as the base for serving your tasty appetizer. Place the clean lettuce leaf across a medium-sized plate. Spoon the dip directly on top of the lettuce leaf. Leave about an inch of the lettuce showing all the way around.
Sprinkle the top of the taco dip with diced tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, and sliced olives.
You can stop here and enjoy this tasty cream cheese taco dip as is, or you can go all out by creating the festive Mexican look that I love by adding some tasty shredded cheddar cheese! You can also choose to sprinkle cheddar cheese over the entire surface of the dip and then add the other garnishes on top.
South of the border the food is filled with fabulous aromas, flavors, textures and colors. When we get together with friends in Mexico we enjoy beautiful food and drinks. When I get back to California I’m filled with inspiration for sharing a variety of Mexican-inspired recipes that can help make your parties and gatherings festive and fun!
Here are a few close-up shots of this festive taco dip recipe. Enjoy!
Taco Dip Serveware + Mexican Party Supplies >> SHOP THIS POST
The Mexican serveware shown in this post were purchased in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. But below are some similar items and a few extras that you can purchase straight through Amazon. Best wishes for planning your own unique fiesta. Happy shopping!
Fiesta Taco Dip Recipe
TACO DIP INGREDIENTS
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix (1 ounce)
- 1 4-ounce can of mild, diced green chilies
TACO DIP GARNISHES
1 large leaf of Romaine lettuce
- 1 large handful of grape tomatoes, diced
- 1+ 1/2 tablespoons of red onion, chopped
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons of green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (add more cheese if you wish!)
- A few cilantro leaves left on their stem as the center garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese, sour cream and the taco seasoning mix. Using a wooden spoon, mix these ingredients well until the consistency of the dip is smooth and creamy. Add the diced green chilies to the mixing bowl. Gently fold them in.
- Lay a clean, dry leaf of Romain lettuce across a medium-sized plate or platter. Spoon the taco dip onto the middle of the lettuce leaf leaving a short rim of the lettuce showing all the way around.
- Garnish the dip with diced grape tomatoes, chopped red onion and bell pepper, black olives, and shredded cheddar cheese. Optional garnish: A few leaves of cilantro right in the middle.
- Serve with restaurant-style tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Courses Appetizer, Snack, Party
Cuisine Mexican, Tex-Mex
BEST TACO DIP RECIPE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
MORE MEXICAN TACO DIP RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
When it comes to Mexican-inspired comfort food, this delicious JALAPENO POPPER MAC AND CHEESE recipe warms the body and soul.
BEST TACO DIP WITH CREAM CHEESE > YOUR THOUGHTS
When it comes to Mexican appetizers and dips, what is your go-to recipe for parties and gatherings? What do you think about this yummy taco dip? Is it something you’d like to serve at your next party? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!