This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
This irresistible cream cheese dip is savory and delicious. It’s made with 3 types of cheeses, a truckload of crispy bacon, fire-roasted green chiles, and spices. Brimming with color, flavor, and tasty textures, it’s a real crowd pleaser. Make this easy appetizer in 25 minutes!
Why This Recipe’s a Keeper
- Versatility: This dip is incredibly versatile and can be customized to suit various tastes and preferences. You can adjust the spice level, cheese blend, and toppings to create a dip that perfectly suits your palate.
- Easy to Make: Loaded Cream Cheese Dip is easy to make and requires minimal cooking skills. It comes together quickly with simple ingredients and basic kitchen equipment, making it perfect for both beginner and experienced cooks.
- Crowd-Pleaser: The combination of creamy cheeses, smoky chipotle powder, savory bacon, and tangy green chiles creates a flavor profile that appeals to a wide range of palates. It’s sure to be a hit at parties, gatherings, or game day celebrations.
- Make-Ahead Convenience: You can prepare this dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. This makes it ideal for entertaining, as you can focus on other preparations closer to your event.
- Great for Sharing: Loaded Cream Cheese Dip is designed for sharing and is best enjoyed with friends and family. It’s a fantastic option for potlucks, picnics, or any occasion where you want to bring a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- Delicious Leftovers: If you happen to have any leftovers, they can be stored in the refrigerator and enjoyed the next day. The flavors often develop even further as they meld together, making the dip even more delicious upon reheating.
The Pied Piper of appetizers, loaded cream cheese dip is fantastic for game-day gatherings and holiday festivities. Below are the tasty ingredients for this recipe.
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese: Provides a creamy and tangy base for the dip, adding richness and body. Make sure the cream cheese is softened before assembling the recipe.
- Medium Cheddar Cheese: Adds a sharp and savory flavor, as well as contributing to the cheesy texture of the dip.
- Monterey Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack): Provides a milder flavor compared to cheddar cheese, adding creaminess and helping to balance the overall flavor profile.
- Mayonnaise: Enhances the creaminess of the dip and adds a subtle tanginess.
- Chipotle powder (or chili powder): Adds smoky and spicy flavor notes, giving the dip a unique and slightly spicy kick.
- Mild, Diced, Fire-Roasted Green Chilies: I buy these in a can. They contribute a mild heat and a slightly smoky flavor, enhancing the overall depth of flavor in the dip.
- Thick-Cut (cooked) Crispy Bacon: Adds a salty, savory, and crispy texture, providing contrast to the creamy base of the dip. We cook the bacon and then chop it up.
- Green Onions: Adds freshness and a mild onion flavor, as well as providing visual appeal as a green garnish.
- Ritz Crackers: Serve as a vehicle for the dip, providing a crunchy and buttery base for scooping up the creamy goodness.
Crackers to Pair with This Dip
I enjoy pairing loaded cream cheese dip with variety of delicious crackers. Here are some of my favorites: Ritz Crackers, Triscuit, Wheat Thins, and Chicken in a Biskit.
📖 Recipe Steps
RECIPE PREP: Preheat oven to 350°F. Shred the cheese. Fry the bacon until extra crispy. Chop it with a knife. Chop the green onions. Crush a few crackers with a mallet and pestle, or put the crackers in a zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin or a wooden spoon.
- Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, and chipotle powder to medium bowl. Mix the ingredients with a spoon or spatula until well blended.
- Add fire-roasted chilies to the bowl. Fold them into the cheese mixture.
- Transfer cream cheese dip to a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the top with cracker crumbs. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cracker dip is heated through.
- Garnish the cream cheese dip with chopped bacon and green onions. Serve with RITZ crackers!
👩🏻🍳 Expert Tips
By following these expert tips, you can create a loaded cream cheese dip that’s flavorful, creamy, and sure to be a hit at any gathering or party.
- Use room temperature cream cheese: To ensure smooth and creamy consistency, it’s best to use cream cheese that has been brought to room temperature. This makes it easier to blend with other ingredients, resulting in a smoother dip.
- Grate your own cheese: While pre-shredded cheese is convenient, freshly grated cheese tends to melt more evenly and has better flavor. Grate the cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses yourself for optimal results.
- Crisp up the bacon: For the best texture and flavor, cook the bacon until it’s crispy before adding it to the dip. Blot any excess grease with paper towels to prevent the dip from becoming too oily.
- Let the flavors meld: After mixing all the ingredients together, allow the dip to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and develop a richer taste.
- Garnish just before serving: To maintain freshness and crunchiness, chop the green onions and sprinkle them over the dip just before serving. This adds a pop of color and freshness to the dip.
🧑🏼🍳 Recipe FAQs
🥣 Our Favorite Dips
Rate This Recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Flavor testers rated this the BEST loaded cream cheese dip. They said the creamy texture with bits of salty bacon was amazing, and the flavor is irresistible.
If you agree this recipe’s a keeper, give it a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero. Share it with friends. 📌 Pin it to Pinterest.Print
This loaded cream cheese dip is irresistible! Creamy, melty and savory, this luscious cracker dip is an all-time favorite. Serve it during the holidays, at Game Day festivities, and for wine-and-cheese parties. It’s so darn good!
- 1 8–oz block Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle powder (or chili powder)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons diced fire-roasted green chilies (from a can), drained
- 7 individual Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until crispy then crumbled
- 1 – 2 green onions, chopped
- Ritz Crackers, for serving
RECIPE PREP: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, mayo, shredded cheeses, and chipotle powder. With a spatula, fold in the fire-roasted green chilies.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to a small baking dish. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over the top. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and green onions. Serve this loaded cream cheese dip while it’s warm and melty!
Grate your own cheese: While pre-shredded cheese is convenient, freshly grated cheese tends to melt more evenly and has better flavor. Grate the cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses yourself for optimal results.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cheese Dip, Cream Cheese Dip, Cracker Dip
Loaded Cream Cheese Dip 👉🏻 Join the Convo
Do you enjoy making easy cream-cheese-dip recipes? Would you like to try this extra-special cracker dip? Share your thoughts in the comments below!