Chickpea cookie dough hummus is a healthy no-bake dessert. This edible chocolate chip cookie dough is perfect for parties. Serve dessert hummus with dippers like honey and chocolate graham crackers, and crisp fruit.
Finally. A no-guilt edible cookie dough that’s super delicious and fun to eat! To make this easy sweet hummus recipe all you’ll need are a few pantry staples plus a food processor or a high-speed blender. Or if needed, you can add everything to a bowl and mash the mixture by hand.
If made with gluten-free ingredients (be sure to check all ingredient labels), and Biscoff cookie butter (a nut-free option), this chickpea cookie dough hummus is ideal for children’s birthday parties and large group gatherings.
Just before serving, to elevate both taste and presentation, drizzle the surface of the hummus with pure maple syrup. Garnish with a sprinkling of flaky sea salt and more mini chocolate chips. Surround the bowl with a variety of tasty dippers. Mix healthy options in with the sweet ones.
Kid-approved dippers for cookie dough hummus include: hand-snapped pieces of waffle cone, pretzels, sliced pears, Fuji apples, Granny Smith apples, long thin slices of frozen bananas, rolled wafer cookies and Oreos.
Did you know: chickpea cookie dough dip is also a delicious Game Day appetizer? Yup. It’s not just for dessert. Make a double batch so you’ll have enough on hand. Especially if your guests are hearty snackers.
When serving this dip to a group, there’s no need to immediately disclose that it’s a healthier version of edible cookie dough. We want them to try it first and be delighted by the taste. Later, after they’ve eaten it and fallen in love, then it’s time to share the chickpea cookie dough hummus recipe.
If you loved this healthy recipe, then you’ll also enjoy these delicious pumpkin energy balls and our chewy chocolate chip granola bars.
- Chickpeas: Are the same as garbanzo beans. This ingredient is the base of our cookie dough hummus. Their mild nutty flavor pairs well with the other ingredients in this dessert recipe. We’re using canned chickpeas because they’re already cooked. Drain in a colander and rinse well. For a smoother more tender hummus, remove the skins.
- Natural Nut Butter: Creamy peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter. We’re using “natural” so the dessert hummus has enough moisture. But if you don’t have the natural type on hand, just add more melted butter to the dip to give it a spreadable, dippable consistency.
- Light Brown Sugar: Enhances the earthiness of the chickpeas while adding essential sweetness to this dessert recipe. But if desired, you can sweeten the cookie dough hummus with honey instead, or reduce the sugar in this recipe to 1/4 cup.
- Melted Butter: Adds delicious flavor and richness. It also adds moisture to the hummus so it’s not too stiff for dipping light-weight cookies and crackers. For a dairy-free hummus, use non-dairy butter.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Enhances the sweetness and flavor of the nut butter and chocolate chips. It also provides a delicious aroma.
- Sea Salt: Enhances the depth and complexity of the other flavors.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: An essential ingredient for this chocolate chip cookie dough hummus.
- Flaky Sea Salt: Enhances the flavor of chocolate while also providing beautiful texture and sparkle for the finished dish.
- STEP 1: Add chickpeas, nut butter, brown sugar, melted butter, sea salt and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor or a high-speed blender. (If you don’t have either of these kitchen tools, add the ingredients to a large bowl. Mash by hand with a potato masher tool.)
- STEP 2: Pulse for 30 to 45 seconds, or until the desired consistency is reached. If the mixture is too thick, add more melted butter and an additional dash of vanilla extract. Pulse briefly to combine.
- STEP 3: Add in the chocolate chips. Pulse briefly until just combined. Small chunks of chocolate may still be visible, and that’s okay.
- STEP 4: Transfer chickpea cookie dough to a serving bowl. If desired, drizzle maple syrup over the surface of the hummus. Garnish with mini chocolate chips and a pinch or two of flaky salt. Serve with dippers like sliced apples and chocolate (or honey) graham crackers.
These are the most commonly-asked questions when making chickpea cookie dough hummus, and the most helpful answers for recipe success.
Yes! These are just two different names for the very same product.
Yes, cooked chickpeas are a must for chickpea cookie dough hummus. That’s why we’re using canned chickpeas. They’ve already been cooked until softened and tender, and are ready to use for this recipe. Just open the can, drain off the liquid in a colander, and rinse well.
For a genuine cookie dough taste, I recommend cashew butter. But any natural nut butter will do. Try creamy peanut butter or almond butter. Nut-free options include sunflower seed butter or Biscoff cookie butter.
Thin it out with melted butter plus a drizzle of vanilla extract, or a drizzling of organic honey.
Customize chickpea cookie dough by adding in a mix of granulated sugar and cinnamon for a snickerdoodle cookie taste. Or after the mixture is blended, stir in macadamia nuts and chopped pieces of semi-sweet baking chocolate. Or garnish with mini M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate. The mixture will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
MORE TASTY DESSERTS
These tasty desserts are better and healthier than most store-bought options. Print your favorites for later, or pin them to Pinterest.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Caramel Apple Tartlets
- Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts
- Baked Cinnamon Donuts
RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
At a recent gathering, friends and family raved about this delicious chickpea cookie dough hummus. They loved the taste and texture. Most had no idea it was made with garbanzo beans until I told them later, after they had tried it.
If you agree this is the BEST dessert hummus recipe, give it a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero! Share it with a friend.Print
CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH HUMMUS
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Cups 1x
This cookie dough hummus is made with chickpeas and other tasty ingredients. It boasts the texture and flavor of raw chocolate chip cookie dough. Serve with graham crackers and apple slices.
COOKIE DOUGH HUMMUS
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas/garbanzos (1 1/2 cups), drained and well rinsed, with skins removed if desired
- 1/2 cup all-natural nut butter (peanut, almond, or cashew)
- 1/3 cup (packed) light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for garnishing
- Pure maple syrup
- Mini chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt
- Apple slices
- Honey graham crackers
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Add chickpeas, nut butter, brown sugar, melted butter, sea salt and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Pulse for 30 to 45 seconds, or until the desired consistency is reached. If the mixture is too thick, add more melted butter and an additional dash of vanilla extract. Pulse briefly to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips. Pulse briefly until just combined. Small chunks of chocolate may still be visible, and that’s okay.
- Transfer chickpea cookie dough to a serving bowl. If desired, drizzle maple syrup over the surface of the hummus. Garnish with mini chocolate chips and a pinch or two of flaky salt.
HOW TO ENJOY: Serve hummus with dippers like sliced apples and chocolate (or honey) graham crackers.
CHICKPEAS: Another name for garbanzo beans. It’s the same exact product. We’re using canned chickpeas because they’re already cooked and have a softened texture. If you only have dried chickpeas on hand, you’ll need to cook them first.
NO FOOD PROCESSOR OR HIGH-SPEED BLENDER? No problem. Add ingredients to a large bowl. Mash the mixture by hand with a potato masher tool or a standard fork. It’ll take some elbow grease, but it can be done.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Desserts
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chickpea Cookie Dough Hummus, Chickpea Cookie Dough, Cookie Dough Hummus, Dessert Hummus, Edible Cookie Dough
Chickpea Cookie Dough > join the conversation
Are you a fan of edible chocolate chip cookie dough? What do you think of this chickpea chocolate chip cookie dough hummus? Would you like to make this for an upcoming party? Share your thoughts in the comments.
1 thought on “CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH HUMMUS”
This was my first time making a hummus dip. With this easy recipe it came out great. I packed it in my children’s lunches. I paired it with Barnum’s animal crackers and apple slices. They loved it!