It’s the spooky season! Time to make two guacamole Halloween appetizers from one recipe. The first dip is a guacamole witch. The second hors d’oeuvre is a guacamole spider web: the stylish residence for her pet spider Boris. This easy recipe will be the hit of your Halloween party!
Easy HALLOWEEN Appetizers
When planning a Halloween party it’s important to find for ways to save time. I look forward to stocking up on RO*TEL. It’s the number one ingredient I depend on to put together guacamole in a snap. It delivers the bold adventurous flavors my family and friends absolutely love.
These are the delightful ingredients you’ll need to make this easy guacamole recipe:
- Ripe avocados
- RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- Chopped onion
- Fresh lime juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
EASY GUACAMOLE RECIPE
These are the simple directions for making the best guacamole dip for Halloween. In Mexico, where I live half the year, it’s the number one appetizer for parties. So get your taste buds ready.
Here’s how we prep guacamole in a snap!
- Pit and peel three ripe avocados.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the avocado with a fork.
- Stir in the drained tomatoes, chopped onion, and lime juice.
- Season the dip with salt and pepper to taste.
HOW TO PREP FOR Guacamole Witch
So get your taste buds ready. Here’s how to turn your guacamole into a wicked witch!
- Prepare guacamole recipe above.
- Pull out an oval serving tray.
- Spread guacamole evenly over the bottom 3/4 of the platter.
- Form a triangular face shape that’s slightly rounded at the bottom.
ADD SPOOKY FEATURES TO THE WITCH DIP
Here’s how to create spooky features for your guacamole witch:
- Use long strips of carrot as hair.
- Reserve two hairy carrot tops for warts.
- Form her hat with blue corn tortilla chips.
ADD FINAL TOUCHES ON WICKED WITCH
- Use two lime wedges for the witch’s eyebrows.
- Make eyes with black olives over round pieces of yellow bell pepper.
- Form the witch’s scowl with a slightly twisted strip of red bell pepper.
- Place a small pickle in the middle of the guacamole for a warted nose.
- Bwahahaha…your guacamole witch is complete!
Spider Web guacamole
When hosting a Halloween party, expect guests to gobble up dips and treats like hungry monsters and zombies! These Guacamole Halloween appetizers are guaranteed to satisfy the hunger of all the witches, werewolves, and ghosts at your celebration.
How to Make a Guacamole Spider Web
Here’s how to make a stylish guacamole spider web for Halloween:
- Prepare the guacamole recipe.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl. Use a spatula to create an even surface.
- Add sour cream to a squeeze tube or a decorating bag with tip.
- Pipe 4 concentric circles on the surface of the dip.
- Form a spider web pattern in the guacamole by using the tip of a bamboo skewer or scriber needle. Pull several lines straight down from the center.
- Create Boris the spider from black olives. His eyes are tiny candies!
Halloween PARTY FOOD TABLE
Setting up a spooky Halloween appetizer table is very easy. With a little creativity and a few simple low-cost recipes, you don’t have to spend a fortune to put together an over-the-top, jaw-dropping Halloween display.
MORE IDEAS FOR Halloween APPETIZERs
With these easy ideas, your October celebration will be delicious, festive and fun!
- Spider deviled eggs. Make standard deviled eggs without paprika. Use black olives to form spiders on the surface. Add candy eyes.
- Witch’s caldron. Fill tiny plastic caldrons with guacamole. Arrange pimiento-stuffed green olives on the surface. They look like scary eyes!
- Candy corn in a little bat dish.
- Giant marshmallows on sticks. Dip the marshmallows in chocolate. Sprinkle with Halloween jimmies.
Halloween Party Tips
These are the best Halloween party tips for a super stylish event:
- Pull together a cohesive look by selecting three main colors.
- Stick to one Halloween theme: happy, spooky or scary.
- Select a few easy Halloween recipes, like guacamole. Once your guests arrive you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen prepping and cooking elaborate appetizers and dishes.
- Start shopping early (August and September) for great deals on Halloween decor and supplies.
- Compare pricing from party stores and online retailers. Many brick-and-mortar stores stay competitive by price matching.
- When setting up food tables, incorporate various heights and levels. Use small crates, spooky books and cake stands. This is an easy way to give your Halloween appetizers a stunning visual effect.
Halloween APPETIZER TABLE DECOR
For this Halloween party display we’re playing up spiders, spooky eyes, and skulls. The focal point of this Halloween appetizer table are the guacamole Halloween appetizers.
As seen in the images on this page, our appetizer table features a number of creepy items around the guacamole witch. They’re all traditional findings from a dank and dusty witch’s coven.
Some of these Halloween props were found at Walmart, party stores, specialty Halloween shops, and online retailers. Much of this decor can be used year after year.Print
Get festive with Halloween guacamole appetizers! Use this dip recipe as the base for several unique creations. Make a Guacamole Witch and Guacamole Spider Web that houses a pet spider named Boris.
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 can (10 oz each) RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh-squeezed or bottled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- OPTIONAL: Blue corn tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with a fork.
- Add the drained tomatoes, chopped onion and lime juice. Stir well to combine
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, create a spooky Guacamole Witch or Guacamole Spider Web
- Serve guacamole with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook Recipe
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Guacamole, Halloween Appetizers, Halloween Guacamole, Guacamole
Authentic Mexican Guacamole
Did you enjoy this easy guacamole recipe? Then you’ll really love AUTHENTIC MEXICAN GUACAMOLE, a restaurant recipe from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
HALLOWEEN GUACAMOLE APPETIZERS > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Which Halloween appetizers will you make this year? What do you think about this festive guacamole recipe? Share your best Halloween party ideas in the comments below. REMEMBER TO RATE THIS RECIPE!