Beautiful trays of deviled eggs are the staple of summer picnics and potlucks. Now that it’s officially party and swim season, I’m sharing my scrumptious recipe for jalapeno bacon deviled eggs. Your taste buds will be dancing with glee once they get a bite of these savory beauties. If you’re preparing this appetizer for a crowd, I suggest doubling the recipe and reserving one for yourself. They’ll all be gobbled down before you can blink!
Ingredients for Deviled Eggs with Bacon
This is the simple list of ingredients for making delicious deviled eggs: boiled eggs, sour cream, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, dijon mustard, organic apple cider vinegar, sea salt, ground black pepper, paprika, diced jalapenos, and thick-sliced bacon from the butcher’s counter. For garnishing: jalapeno slices and fresh dill.
How to Make Deviled Eggs with Bacon
Here’s how to make yummy deviled eggs with bacon, step by step. After peeling 12 boiled eggs, slice the eggs in half lengthwise and gently scoop out the yolks. Put the yolks in a medium bowl, and put the white egg halves aside.
Instructions for Best Deviled Eggs Recipe
With a fork, mash the yolks thoroughly. Add in the mayo, sour cream, two types of mustard, vinegar and paprika. Cream these deviled egg ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in the jalapeno just a little at a time, so you have control over the heat factor. Add in six slices of the diced cooked bacon. Mix until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
Easy Deviled Eggs
With a large spoon, scoop the prepared mixture into a quart-size kitchen bag. With a pair of scissors, snip off one bottom corner of the zip-top bag. Firmly squeeze the bag to pipe the yolk mixture into the empty white egg halves. I prefer this method over just using a spoon because it keeps the white edges of the eggs nice and clean, and you can more easily control the portioning. If you’d like a more fancy presentation, you can use a decorating tip for piping.
Best Deviled Eggs for Picnics and Potlucks
Raising the bar on the look and taste of these perfect deviled eggs is super easy! The secret is to garnish them in a beautiful way. Sprinkle the tops with two additional cooked slices of chopped crispy bacon. Place a slice of Jalapeno width-wise on the top of each of your devilled eggs. In front of each jalapeno slice, add a small lovely sprig of fresh dill. It’s just like putting a gorgeous feather in the crown of this beautiful deviled egg recipe!
Perfect Deviled Eggs
I love that the basic egg-shaped platter for this traditional recipe has been given a new look! You can now find beautiful platters that include a pedestal. Without additional effort, it gives this popular devilled eggs appetizer an elevated, more stylish presentation.
How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
How to hard boil eggs? Making perfect hard boiled eggs is quick and easy with these great kitchen tips! Begin by placing uncooked eggs in a pot. Under the faucet of your kitchen sink, fill the pot until the water level reaches one inch above the eggs. How long to boil eggs? On your stovetop, heat the pan over high heat until the water comes to a full roiling boil. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the burner. Immediately cover the pot with a lid. Allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for 10-12 minutes.
Hard Boiled Eggs
With a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked eggs in an extra-large bowl filled with ice water (an ice-water bath), and allow them to sit there submerged until fully cooled. Work with cooled eggs one by one. Gently tap the bottom of the cooled egg on a hard surface. Place the egg on its sides and gently roll it back and forth while applying gentle pressure to crack and loosen the shell. Remove the shell and attached membrane under running water, or while the egg is submerged in a bowl of water. This process produces perfect hard boiled eggs!
Kitchen Tools for Deviled Eggs Recipe
Only a few basic kitchen tools are needed for this easy deviled egg recipe! One of my favorites here is my slotted colander spoon. I have one here at my home in California, and another in my kitchen in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. An easy way to refresh your kitchen for summer is with a new set of kitchen towels.Print
These fabulous jalapeno bacon deviled eggs take the classic deviled egg recipe to the next level! This yummy recipe will become your go-to appetizer for picnics, potlucks and backyard gatherings. Say hello to summer with this beautiful, stylish dish that’s quick and easy to make!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, shells removed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (plus an additional tablespoon, if needed)
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 large jalapeno (cored and seeded), finely diced
- 6 pieces thick-sliced bacon (cooked & crispy), chopped
- 1–2 jalapenos (cored and seeded), sliced
- 2 pieces thick-sliced bacon (cooked and cripsy) chopped
- Fresh dill sprigs
- With a sharp knife, slice the boiled eggs in half lengthwise. With a small spoon, carefully remove the yolks and put them in a medium bowl. For now, place the white egg halves aside. With a fork, mash the egg yolks well.
- To the bowl of yolks, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, yellow mustard, paprika, and apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the diced jalapeno, just a little at time, stirring and tasting after each addition until you reach the desired zing or heat level.
- Add in six slices worth of chopped crispy bacon pieces. (When chopping the thick-sliced butcher’s bacon I like to slice away and remove any large pieces of fat so just the meaty parts of the bacon remain.) Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into a quart-size, kitchen zip-top bag. Snip one of the bottom corners with kitchen shears. Press firmly on the baggie to pipe the filling into the egg halves.
- Garnish the deviled eggs by sprinkling the tops with chopped bacon bits. Place a sliced jalapeno on each egg half along with a small sprig of fresh dill. Serve your festive jalapeno bacon deviled eggs on a beautiful platter. Enjoy!
- Category: Snack, Appetizer, Party, Potluck
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: deviled eggs, jalapeno bacon deviled eggs, deviled egg recipe
JALAPENO BACON DEVILED EGGS
Save this delicious deviled eggs with bacon recipe for later. Pin it to Pinterest right now!
BEST APPETIZERS TO MAKE THIS SUMMER!
Elevate your appetizer menu with delicious SPICY GRILLED LIME SHRIMP! Among a group of appetizers it’ll be the star attraction.
MARGARITA FRUIT DIP is a cocktail you can eat! Perfect for get-togethers and festive BBQs.
As soon as it hits the appetizer table, this CHEESY ROTEL BEAN DIP will be gone in a flash!
CHEESY CAPRESE QUESO DIP is a style addition to party appetizer tables. With just 3-ingredients it’s quick and simple to make, and very cost effective too!
JALAPENO BACON DEVILED EGGS > JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Do you have a traditional deviled eggs recipe that you and your family have used time and again? What do you think about this elevated deviled eggs appetizer with jalapenos and bacon? I invite you to join the conversation in the comments below!