Tortellini party snacks are easy appetizers! They’re perfect for game days, movie nights, and afternoon snacking. This is one of the top appetizer recipes on Confetti and Bliss! Make these delicious baked tortellini in just 30 minutes!
TORTELLINI PARTY SNACKS INGREDIENTS
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make these easy appetizers:
- Refrigerated cheese tortellini
- All-purpose flour
- Large eggs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Panko bread crumbs
- Dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Garnishes: Melted butter, Parmesan cheese, red chili flakes, fresh parsley
- Jar of marinara sauce (for dipping tortellini bites)
COOKING TIP: If you have leftover marinara sauce from this recipe, you can also make a quick batch of pizza rolls!
BAKED TORTELLINI APPETIZERS
Here’s how to make these easy party snacks, step by step.
- STEP 1: Boil the tortellini al dente according to package instructions. Transfer cooked pasta to a colander and drain well.
- STEP 2: Adjust oven rack to the center position. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Take out three shallow bowls, a spoon and a whisk. Line 2 large baking trays with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- STEP 3: Fill the first bowl with flour. In the second bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In the last bowl, add Panko crumbs, grated Parmesan, chili flakes, oregano, and a bit of salt and freshly-ground pepper; with clean hands or a spoon, mix well.
BAKED TORTELLINI PARTY SNACKS
- STEP 4: Thickly coat each piece of tortellini in flour. Dip the well-floured pieces into the egg-and-milk mixture. Coat all sides so there are absolutely no dry flour spots on any part. This is very important!
- STEP 6: Transfer wet pasta to the third bowl filled with herb and crumb mixture. Generously coat each piece. Place tortellini bites on a lined baking tray. The use of 2 baking trays will accomplish 4 rotations of party snacks in and out of the oven!
- STEP 7: Bake for approximately 14-15 minutes, or until baked tortellini are beautifully golden and crisp! Remove from oven.
HOW TO GARNISH BAKED TORTELLINI
Garnish baked tortellini with a drizzling of melted butter. Sprinkle chili flakes, Parmesan cheese, and minced Italian parsley over the top. These easy party snacks will be the star attraction on your appetizer table!
KITCHEN TOOLS FOR PARTY SNACK IDEAS
If you love making and serving party snacks, these kitchen tools will come in very handy. They’re what I used for this baked tortellini recipe!
EXPERT TIPS FOR TORTELLINI BITES
- BOILING PASTA AL DENTE: If the package of pasta does not list the time for al dente, subtract a full minute from suggested cooking time. Do not overcook the pasta!
- COATING THE TORTELLINI: When assembling these appetizers, work in small batches. Start off with half the amount of egg/milk mixture, and half the amount of herb/crumb mixture. This will leave working space in your shallow bowls. As needed, prep the rest of the egg and crumb mixtures and continue the dipping process.
- SPACING ON THE BAKING SHEET: On the cookie sheets, leave room between the pieces. This will allow the baked tortellini to become nice and crisp on all sides!
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED AUGUST 29, 2018: This post was updated to make it more user-friendly, but this tortellini bites recipe remains unchanged!
EASY APPETIZERS FOR A CROWD
Serve these beautiful, golden baked tortellini alongside a bowl of marinara dipping sauce. Once you taste them I’m sure you’ll agree, they’re just as yummy as they look!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT TORTELLINI
- CAN YOU FREEZE UNCOOKED TORTELLINI? Yes, you can freeze uncooked tortellini. I recommend first spreading out the pieces on a baking tray and putting them into the freezer until frozen. Transfer the frozen pasta to a zip-top freezer bag and return them to the freezer. They’ll keep for about 1 to 2 months.
- HOW DO YOU COOK FROZEN CHEESE TORTELLINI? When you’re ready to cook frozen tortellini, simply boil them in a large pot filled with water and one tablespoon of olive oil. The cooking time will be slightly longer than the time required for a package of refrigerated tortellini.
- CAN I FREEZE COOKED TORTELLINI? Yes. Simply freeze the pieces on a cookie sheet before transferring them to a zip-top freezer bag and putting them back into the freezer. Use within 3 or 4 days.
BEST APPETIZERS FOR A PARTY
Planning a party? Don’t be shy about asking guests to bring an appetizer to share. It will make things easier on you and in the process everyone will discover new party snacks! These appetizer recipes are party favorites:
- SPICY GRILLED LIME SHRIMP
- DEVILED EGGS WITH BACON AND JALAPENO
- CAPRESE QUESO DIP
- MARGARITA FRUIT DIP
RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Did you enjoy this yummy appetizer? Rate this recipe in the comments below!
Tortellini Party Snacks
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
Scrumptious tortellini party snacks are the star attraction of any appetizer table! Served with jarred marinara sauce, your guests will be delighted to feast on these cute baked tortellini bites. They’re a real crowd pleaser!
- 1 20-ounce refrigerated package three-cheese tortellini, boiled al dente.
- 1 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 + 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- A sprinkling of sea salt
- A few twists of freshly-ground black pepper
- Garnishes: drizzling of melted butter, grated Parmesan, sprinkling of chili flakes, minced Italian parsley
- Dipping sauce: one regular-sized jar of classic marinara sauce (I used a 23.5-ounce jar)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Pull out three shallow bowls, a whisk and a spoon.
- Bowl #1: Add flour only.
- Bowl #2: Add eggs and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Bowl #3: Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, chili flakes, sea salt and ground pepper. Mix well.
- It’s best to work in small batches. Place the tortellini in the bowl of flour. Thickly coat each piece. Move the pieces to the egg/milk mixture. Coat all sides evening, taking care that no white spots of flour are visible. This is very important! Transfer the wet pieces to the bowl of bread crumbs. Generously coat each piece. Place the breaded tortellini on a baking tray, leaving plenty of space between pieces. When baking, this will allow the pieces to crisp up on all sides.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until the tortellini party snacks are beautifully crispy and golden.
- Arrange on a party tray alongside a bowl of marinara sauce for dipping. Drizzle melted butter over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and minced Italian parsley. Enjoy these festive easy appetizers!
EXPERT TIPS FOR EASY TORTELLINI BITES
- BOILING PASTA AL DENTE: Boil the three-cheese tortellini al dente according to package instructions. Do not overcook! If the package of pasta does not list the time for al dente, subtract a full minute from suggested cooking time. Transfer to a colander and drain well.
- COATING THE TORTELLINI: When assembling these appetizers, work in small batches. Start with half the amount of egg/milk mixture, and half the amount of herb/crumb mixture. This will leave working space in your shallow bowls. When needed, quickly prep the rest of the egg and crumb mixtures and continue the dipping process.
- SPACING ON THE BAKING SHEET: Leave room between the pieces on the cookie sheet. This will allow the the baked tortellini to become nice and crisp on all sides!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian, American
Keywords: tortellini bites, baked tortellini, tortellini party snacks
EASY APPETIZERS – JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What are your favorite easy appetizers? Would you like to make these tortellini bites? Join the conversation in the comments below!
36 thoughts on “Tortellini Party Snacks”
This afternoon I realized I had 3 hours to figure out what to take to the party tonight. No time to go to the store and a bag of frozen tortellini. Goggle sent me here. I’m so glad. Easy to make. Everyone loved them!
Can you make these up the night before and bake the day of? And if I’m taking to a party, are they good at room temperature?
Hello Lori. Thank you for your question. You can prep the tortellini bites in advance and tightly wrap the baking sheet and refrigerate. But this yummy appetizer is best served while warm.
Turned out great!
Are these served hot or cold?
These look super good! I am gonna try to make a vegan version!!
Denay, these look absolutely delicious! I love the idea of making them crunchy with the panko bread crumbs.
Can’t wait to give them a try!
Man oh man did I LOVE me some tortellini back in the day – so so so so so good! I bet I would be able to eat like 20 of these!
hey, I love your recipe item. i will try it next weekend
I fried them. Baking was not working out. Panko is better when fried.
Hi Monica , how long did you fried them and did you boiled them before?
Can I make them ahead of time? Could I bake the night before?
Hello Whitney. For making these yummy tortellini ahead of time, here’s what I recommend: bread the tortellini and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Stick the baking tray with the tortellini into the freezer for one hour. Remove the baking tray from the freezer and transfer the tortellini to a freezer bag. Return the tortellini to the freezer. Then when you’re ready to bake them, increase the original baking time by an additional 3-4 minutes or until done. Enjoy! :-)
Do these need to stay warm? I would like to take to a pot luck, but not sure if I should bake them and transport them in a crockpot (hoping to stay warm) and then set out once there? Any suggestions??
There’s no party coming up for me but I want to make these snacks for the weekend! Thanks for the recipes :)
These look so delicious and easy too! I used to make a similar recipe with RavioliI love this type of appetizer. .
this is getting pinned for trying out later (sooner)!! a totally delish recipe.. thank you
These look delicious! I love anything involving pasta, and I also love a great finger food. This is such a win-win.
Yum yum yum! This looks so so good. I’ve never had tortellini other than in an italian dish!
Wow these look incredible! I would eat so many of those haha
Wow these look absolutely amazing. They would be perfect to have out at a party. Thanks for sharing.
Lol. The perfect excuse just to make them. They are so yummy.
These look so good! I don’t have a party coming up, but i might just make these anyway!
Wow, your food photography is incredible! I’ve always been a fan of Cheese Tortellini and can’t wait to try your recipe out this weekend.
Hi, Leanne, thank you so much. It means the world to me. I hope you have an amazing weekend.
I should definitely get better at finger food, and I know where to start now, these look AMAZING!
They are amazing, and so, so yummy.
YUM! I never would have thought to make tortellini as a finger food. I’m pinning this so I can make it for football games!!
They will make great appetizers for parties. They will be a hit with everyone.
Wow! Looks so good!! Definitely need to make this for a football party!!
They will go perfect for a football party. Hope everyone enjoys them.
Have you ever make the air fryer? I think it would work well. Thoughts?
I haven’t tried that. I’ll need to try that. It sounds delicious.
These baked tortellini bites are UNREAL! Such a perfect snack for movie nights at home and for entertaining friends and family too! Love it!
Thank you so much. I love them so much. They really are perfect for any occasion.