Baked chicken meatballs are savory, scrumptious, and very versatile! Enjoy them as a healthy appetizer, in a meatball sandwich, or for a spaghetti and meatballs dinner. Slice them in half for a delicious pizza topping!
ABOUT BAKED CHICKEN MEATBALLS
These delicious oven baked meatballs are crispy on the outside with a nice juicy center. This recipe comes together quickly with minimal mess! Make several batches in advance. Freeze them for later.
If you’ve been searching for healthy recipes and easy appetizers, these chicken meatballs are a real winner! Add them to Italian Wedding Soup. Serve them with your favorite honey mustard dipping sauce.
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED MEATBALLS
These are the ingredients for making these yummy baked chicken meatballs:
- Ground chicken
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Italian parsley
- Clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- Large egg
- Dried oregano
- Dried onion flakes
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
KITCHEN TOOLS FOR CHICKEN MEATBALLS
To make this chicken meatballs recipe you’ll need these helpful kitchen tools:
BAKED MEATBALLS RECIPE
Here’s how to make baked meatballs step by step:
- STEP 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- STEP 2: Use a spatula to mix everything together.
- STEP 3: Using clean hands or a small cookie scoop, shape the mixture into 35 chicken meatballs. As the balls are formed, place them on a lined cookie sheet leaving a little space between each piece.
- STEP 4: Bake the chicken meatballs for 25 minutes or until done.
HOW TO SERVE OVEN BAKED MEATBALLS
These are wonderful ways to enjoy your chicken meatballs:
- EASY APPETIZERS: Transfer baked meatballs to a serving dish. Place a little bowl of your favorite dipping sauce next to the meatballs along with party picks or appetizer forks. For colorful garnishes, use rings of sliced red onion and fresh Italian parsley.
- HEALTHY MEATBALLS AS A PIZZA TOPPING: Slice meatballs in half. Along with desired veggies, arrange them on a pizza crust that’s been covered in sauce and cheese. Bake as directed.
- SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS: Make pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan. Add heated spaghetti sauce to the pan. Mix briefly. Transfer to a serving dish. Top with chicken meatballs. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley over the top.
- MEATBALL SANDWICH: Cut a baguette in half lengthwise. Remove some of the bread to create a shallow well. Spray or brush olive oil inside both halves. Lightly toast baguette in the oven at 350 degrees. Warm spaghetti sauce. Spoon sauce inside the warm bread. Add meatballs. Spoon additional sauce over the top. Add slices of provolone cheese. Return baguette to oven to melt the cheese.
- INCREASE THE FLAVOR PROFILE: Use 3/4 pound ground chicken breast plus 1/4 pound ground chicken sausage (no casings). The ground chicken sausage can be either of two types: breakfast sausage or sweet Italian chicken. This works best when doubling the recipe so you don’t have any chicken leftover.
- A GREAT SUBSTITUTION: This recipe also works well with ground turkey!
RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Did you enjoy these healthy chicken meatballs? Rate this recipe in the comments section at the end of the post!
Baked Chicken Meatballs
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 35 Meatballs 1x
Oven baked meatballs are easy appetizers when served with a dipping sauce. They’re also a delicious addition to a variety of meals. When it comes to time-saving healthy recipes, these scrumptious chicken meatballs are an all-time favorite!
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped (no stems)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional: Dipping sauce
- Adjust oven rack to the center position. Heat oven to 400 F.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. With a spoon or spatula, mix everything together.
- Use a small stainless-steel scoop (or clean hands) to form 35 chicken meatballs. Place the pieces on a lined baking tray, leaving a bit of space between each.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until oven baked meatballs are golden and done.
EXPERT TIPS: To increase the flavor profile even more, instead of using ground chicken breast only – use 3/4 pound ground chicken and 1/4 pound chicken sausage (no casings). This ratio works best when doubling or tripling the recipe so there isn’t leftover chicken. This recipe also works well with ground turkey!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Amercian
Keywords: chicken meatballs, baked chicken meatballs, baked meatballs
OVEN BAKED MEATBALLS – PIN IT NOW
Save this chicken meatball recipe right now! PIN IT TO PINTEREST.
BEST CHICKEN RECIPES
These savory chicken recipes are packed with scrumptious flavor!
- CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
- CHICKEN POT PIE
- BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
- MEXICAN CHICKEN AND RICE
- 15-MINUTE CHICKEN TOSTADAS
- CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
BAKED MEATBALL RECIPE – JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Have you ever made a batch of baked chicken meatballs before? Share your thoughts on these easy appetizers in the comments below!
45 thoughts on “Baked Chicken Meatballs”
I won a tailgate cook-off contest with this chicken meatball recipe! So thank you, Denay!!! I’ve made it several times according to your ingredients and method, and it always turns out with perfection. These are moist, flavorful, and my family and guests very strongly love them! At times I’ve used a small cookie dough scooper to create more balls, and reduced cooking time to 13 minutes. I have found that when you lower the baking time to 13 minutes on the smaller meatballs, they will turn out just as moist as if they were formed in the larger meatballs. (The first time I made smaller meatballs, I kept the cooking time the same -25 min. -and they were too overdone and kind of dry on the inside.) I test the doneness with the meat thermometer and the internal temperature is 165°. I have also made larger meatballs, using the medium scoop. When I do this, I cook them 20 to 25 minutes. Now, for my sauce I actually went a different direction and found a recipe online for a “Peruvian” green sauce (a.k.a. Ahi Verdi sauce) from the Cookie Rookie, and it is absolutely amazing with these meatballs! I got the idea from a very popular restaurant here in Dallas. They serve their chicken meatballs with a version of Peruvian green sauce (Cookie Rookie’s recipe has basil, jalapeños, avocado oil, cilantro, ginger paste, honey, Parmesan cheese, lime juice, mayo, garlic and salt & pepper.)
😀 Hello Anne. I feel so happy and grateful that you took the time to share your cooking experience with these baked chicken meatballs. Thank you so much. This super helpful info will go a long way in helping others who are making different sized portions know how long to cook them. And I absolutely 💚 love the idea of pairing the meatballs with 👩🏻🍳 Becky Hardin’s recipe for Peruvian green sauce. What a great tip. ⭐️ And congratulations on winning the tailgate cook-off contest! ⭐️
Can I freeze them into patties and cook later
Yes! You can definitely form them into patties or balls and freeze them for later. When ready to use, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
Going to try this but make them into burgers and see what happens.
Colleen, what a great idea! That’s brilliant! Let me know how the burgers turn out.
These meatballs are delicious. I thought I had a really good recipe, but this one will now be my go to recipe. Loved them.
Woo-hoo! I’m so glad you love this chicken meatball recipe! Thank you so much for coming back to leave a comment and rating. I greatly appreciate your kindness.
Ah, I am so glad I found this chicken meatball recipe! The last couple times we ate beef meatballs, we didn’t feel very good afterwards. Red meat is hard on my stomach. I cannot wait to try this!
These look awesome! I love to have things like this in my freezer to ad to ramen, pho, or pasta dishes! I am really looking forward to trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Lauren – https://thelittlelakecottage.com
We’ve been trying to come up with a menu for our little one’s baptism. This would be a perfect fit!
We love meatballs at our house – I never thought to make them with ground chicken! Sounds delicious!
These baked chicken meatballs sound delicious! Would love to try them sometime
This is a great easy appetizer for family gatherings or game nights with friends. Easy to prepare and taste delicious. Perfect with beer or wine!
I’ve never heard of chicken meatballs, but they sound great! This would be great to prepare for when we have guests. It’s so hard to come up with big meals for guests that isn’t the same thing over and over, and this sounds perfect.
Uh yum!! These look so good! And with honey mustard dipping sauce! Can’t wait to try these!
Yum! These sound so good! What a great way to change up meatball recipes.
Our family loves meatballs. I think this would be a great addition to our meatball offerings!
My boys love chicken big time. That being said, I’m definitely going to try your recipe. Those chicken meatballs look delish!
Wow this baked chicken meatball recipe looks so good! Saved your recipe!
My kid goes crazy over meatballs. These look so mouthwatering! I need to try this recipe immediately!
This is the kind of recipe I am looking for for today’s dinner. I may use dried parsley since I don’t have fresh ones though, thanks.
First of all your photos are amazing. I love that its a healthy appetizer and not like the normal deep fried meatballs. I want to try this recipe like right now.
Mmmm yum! Love the beautiful caramelized colour on those meatballs! (: Definitely adding this to my must make list!
I love meatballs but haven’t made them from scratch yet. This recipes sounds delish and pretty easy so I may just have to make these!
Oh wow, those look amazing! I can’t wait to make them.
These look delicious! I just went plant based but will definitely make these for my fiancé, he will love them!
These baked chicken meatballs look easy, healthy, and super flexible. I would use these on top of a salad, a rice bowl, or even in a bun as a sandwich. They also look like a super freezer friendly option!
Served with a honey mustard dipping sauce! This sounds so good, and I know my kids would love it- I can’t wait to give this a try!
Ok these look SO good! I used to be pretty good about trying new recipes but I’ve been slacking lately. Need to bookmark this to give it a try!
I love making homemade meatballs! I put in a lot of red chili flakes too for a little kick, and that dipping sauce is right up my alley!
This recipe looks so yummy. These meatballs would be perfect for me to make for my next gathering.
Yum! Creating your own chicken meatballs from scratch is fulfilling. I prefer this than frozen ones in the grocery store since you’re not really sure of those ingredients — maybe most of them are just fillers.
Looks simple to make and healthy. That is an awesome “Two-For” right there!
Wow, those made for such a beautiful dish. I wouldn’t mind making some to go along with some dips!
i could eat a dozen of these guys! They look so good, and love that you used ground chicken. healthier so I can bring these for weekday lunches.
These look awesome! I am always looking for new baked recipes. I bet my toddlers would love these.
These look totally doable for me. Thank you!
Pinning this recipe! I think these chicken meatballs would be awesome in this Asian style cranberry crockpot recipe I use. Thanks!
I just made up a big batch of meatballs and froze them for when we need them. I made beef, chicken and turkey meatballs.
We like all kinds of meatballs at my house so I know my family will love your chicken meatballs. They look so tasty and seasoned to perfection.
This looks so good. Ialways use that chicken for tacos and hamburgers now I have another recipe to try with it. I’m having a get together next month and this would be perfect.
I love your recipe! Never really thought of making my own chicken meatballs. I do see them in the freezer section, but these look a lot better.
Yum, these meatballs look so amazing. I’ve always enjoyed meatballs and it’s been a while since I’ve had some. I’ll try these one night.
I want to jump right through my screen and grab a few of these. They look SO good. I can’t wait to make some!!!