Baked chicken meatballs are simple to make and super scrumptious! Served with dipping sauce, baked meatballs are easy appetizers that can feed a crowd. This recipe is very versatile. Use baked meatballs in a sub sandwich. Add them to pasta with spaghetti sauce. Slice them in half for a delicious pizza topping!
ABOUT BAKED CHICKEN MEATBALLS
If you’ve been searching for healthy recipes and easy appetizers, these chicken meatballs with honey mustard dipping sauce are real winner! These delicious oven baked meatballs are crispy on the outside with a nice juicy center. This recipe comes together quickly with minimal mess! Make several batches in advance. Freeze them for later.
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED MEATBALLS
These are the ingredients for making these yummy baked chicken meatballs:
- Ground chicken
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Italian parsley
- Clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- Large egg
- Dried oregano
- Dried onion flakes
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Optional: Honey mustard dipping sauce
KITCHEN TOOLS FOR CHICKEN MEATBALLS
To make this chicken meatballs recipe you’ll need these kitchen tools:
- Large mixing bowl
- Large baking tray
- Silicone baking mat, parchment paper, or foil
- Small cookie scoop (optional)
BAKED MEATBALLS RECIPE
Here’s how to make baked meatballs step by step:
- STEP 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- STEP 2: Use a spatula to mix everything together.
- STEP 3: Using clean hands or a small cookie scoop, shape the mixture into 35 chicken meatballs. As the balls are formed, place them on a lined cookie sheet leaving a little space between each piece.
- STEP 4: Bake the chicken meatballs for 25 minutes or until done.
HOW TO SERVE OVEN BAKED MEATBALLS
These are wonderful ways to enjoy your chicken meatballs:
- EASY APPETIZERS: Transfer baked meatballs to a serving bowl lined with waxed paper. Place a little dish of your favorite dipping sauce next to the meatballs. For colorful garnishes, use sliced red onion and a few springs of fresh Italian parsley. Set out party picks or appetizer forks.
- HEALTHY MEATBALLS AS A PIZZA TOPPING: Slice the meatballs in half. Along with your choice of veggies and meats, and arrange them on a pizza crust that’s been covered in sauce and cheese. Bake as directed.
- SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS: Make pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan. Add heated spaghetti sauce to the pan and mix briefly. Transfer to a serving dish. Top with chicken meatballs. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley over the top.
- MEATBALL SANDWICH: With a serrated knife, cut a baguette in half lengthwise. Remove some of the bread to create a shallow well. Spray or brush olive oil inside both halves of the bread. Lightly toast baguette in the oven at 350 degrees. Warm spaghetti sauce in a pan on the stovetop. Spoon a bit of sauce inside the warm bread. Add meatballs. Spoon additional sauce over the top. Add slices of provolone cheese. Return baguette to the oven just until the cheese melts.
Oven baked meatballs are easy appetizers. They’re also a delicious addition to a variety of Italian meals. When it comes to time-saving healthy recipes, this scrumptious chicken meatballs are an all-time favorite!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped (no stems)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional: Dipping sauce
- Adjust oven rack to the center position. Heat oven to 400 F.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. With a spoon or spatula, mix everything together.
- Use a small stainless-steel scoop (or clean hands) to form 35 chicken meatballs. Place the pieces on a lined baking tray, leaving a bit of space between each.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until oven baked meatballs are golden and done.
- Category: Appetizers, Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Amercian
Keywords: chicken meatballs, easy appetizers, chicken meatball recipe, baked chicken meatballs, baked meatballs, oven baked meatballs, baked meatball recipe
OVEN BAKED MEATBALLS – PIN IT NOW
Save this chicken meatball recipe right now! PIN IT TO PINTEREST.
BEST CHICKEN RECIPES
- CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
- CHICKEN POT PIE
- BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
- MEXICAN CHICKEN AND RICE
- 15-MINUTE CHICKEN TOSTADAS
- CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
BAKED MEATBALL RECIPE – JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Have you ever made a batch of baked chicken meatballs before? Share your thoughts on these easy appetizers in the comments below!