This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
Baked chicken meatballs are savory, scrumptious, and very versatile! Enjoy them as a healthy appetizer, in a meatball sandwich, or for a spaghetti and meatballs dinner. Slice them in half for a delicious pizza topping!
ABOUT BAKED CHICKEN MEATBALLS
These delicious oven baked meatballs are crispy on the outside with a nice juicy center. This recipe comes together quickly with minimal mess! Make several batches in advance. Freeze them for later.
If you’ve been searching for healthy recipes and easy appetizers, these chicken meatballs are a real winner! Add them to Italian Wedding Soup. Serve them with your favorite honey mustard dipping sauce.
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED MEATBALLS
These are the ingredients for making these yummy baked chicken meatballs:
- Ground chicken
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Italian parsley
- Clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- Large egg
- Dried oregano
- Dried onion flakes
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
KITCHEN TOOLS FOR CHICKEN MEATBALLS
To make this chicken meatballs recipe you’ll need these helpful kitchen tools:
BAKED MEATBALLS RECIPE
Here’s how to make baked meatballs step by step:
- STEP 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- STEP 2: Use a spatula to mix everything together.
- STEP 3: Using clean hands or a small cookie scoop, shape the mixture into 35 chicken meatballs. As the balls are formed, place them on a lined cookie sheet leaving a little space between each piece.
- STEP 4: Bake the chicken meatballs for 25 minutes or until done.
HOW TO SERVE OVEN BAKED MEATBALLS
These are wonderful ways to enjoy your chicken meatballs:
- EASY APPETIZERS: Transfer baked meatballs to a serving dish. Place a little bowl of your favorite dipping sauce next to the meatballs along with party picks or appetizer forks. For colorful garnishes, use rings of sliced red onion and fresh Italian parsley.
- HEALTHY MEATBALLS AS A PIZZA TOPPING: Slice meatballs in half. Along with desired veggies, arrange them on a pizza crust that’s been covered in sauce and cheese. Bake as directed.
- SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS: Make pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan. Add heated spaghetti sauce to the pan. Mix briefly. Transfer to a serving dish. Top with chicken meatballs. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley over the top.
- MEATBALL SANDWICH: Cut a baguette in half lengthwise. Remove some of the bread to create a shallow well. Spray or brush olive oil inside both halves. Lightly toast baguette in the oven at 350 degrees. Warm spaghetti sauce. Spoon sauce inside the warm bread. Add meatballs. Spoon additional sauce over the top. Add slices of provolone cheese. Return baguette to oven to melt the cheese.
- INCREASE THE FLAVOR PROFILE: Use 3/4 pound ground chicken breast plus 1/4 pound ground chicken sausage (no casings). The ground chicken sausage can be either of two types: breakfast sausage or sweet Italian chicken. This works best when doubling the recipe so you don’t have any chicken leftover.
- A GREAT SUBSTITUTION: This recipe also works well with ground turkey!
RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Did you enjoy these healthy chicken meatballs? Rate this recipe in the comments section at the end of the post!
Oven baked meatballs are easy appetizers when served with a dipping sauce. They’re also a delicious addition to a variety of meals. When it comes to time-saving healthy recipes, these scrumptious chicken meatballs are an all-time favorite!
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped (no stems)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional: Dipping sauce
- Adjust oven rack to the center position. Heat oven to 400 F.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. With a spoon or spatula, mix everything together.
- Use a small stainless-steel scoop (or clean hands) to form 35 chicken meatballs. Place the pieces on a lined baking tray, leaving a bit of space between each.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until oven baked meatballs are golden and done.
EXPERT TIPS: To increase the flavor profile even more, instead of using ground chicken breast only – use 3/4 pound ground chicken and 1/4 pound chicken sausage (no casings). This ratio works best when doubling or tripling the recipe so there isn’t leftover chicken. This recipe also works well with ground turkey!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Amercian
Keywords: chicken meatballs, baked chicken meatballs, baked meatballs
OVEN BAKED MEATBALLS – PIN IT NOW
Save this chicken meatball recipe right now! PIN IT TO PINTEREST.
BEST CHICKEN RECIPES
These savory chicken recipes are packed with scrumptious flavor!
- CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
- CHICKEN POT PIE
- BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
- MEXICAN CHICKEN AND RICE
- 15-MINUTE CHICKEN TOSTADAS
- CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
BAKED MEATBALL RECIPE – JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Have you ever made a batch of baked chicken meatballs before? Share your thoughts on these easy appetizers in the comments below!